• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

R-Hero

Explorer
Solarious said:
.......Those undead giants would have come in handy later on...

Uhmm.... No.

As the resident paladin, and speaking on behalf of our N.good cleric of Grumbar, we can only turn evil giant undead things (or kill, as the case may be). Not have them join the League.

Besides, what could we use them for that an astral construct wouldn't suffice.
(On second thought, Dont answer that question. If there is a different or better use do not reply as it could spoil any surprises.)

Graywolf said:
Excellent. I'll be looking forward to both the next update...
...or...
...the possibility of a new story hour.
GW...
Seems logical since whe AoW game is on hold while Redhand game is active.
...Then again, I don't write the SH. :confused:

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
If Joachim does write the new SH, here's a brief highlight of first session

Four heroes meet (3 are former slaves...what are the odds?). Go on a goblin hunt. Things look bright at first, as hobgoblins and the occasional hyda are dismantled with relative ease. Things go south rapidly though as they invade the haunted keep and Joachim comes within 1 hp of a TPK on the first night of the new adventure. On the brighter side, the team finds a mascot :)

Joachim

First Post
JollyDoc said:
If Joachim does write the new SH, here's a brief highlight of first session

Four heroes meet (3 are former slaves...what are the odds?). Go on a goblin hunt. Things look bright at first, as hobgoblins and the occasional hyda are dismantled with relative ease. Things go south rapidly though as they invade the haunted keep and Joachim comes within 1 hp of a TPK on the first night of the new adventure. On the brighter side, the team finds a mascot :)

Well...I have completed the Introduction for the new SH. I will post later tonight. Its going to be an undertaking, considering that this one is going to be more story-driven, RP-heavy, with less powergaming.

HAH!!! YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT, DID YOU?!?!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
R-Hero said:
Uhmm.... No.

As the resident paladin, and speaking on behalf of our N.good cleric of Grumbar, we can only turn evil giant undead things (or kill, as the case may be). Not have them join the League.

Besides, what could we use them for that an astral construct wouldn't suffice.
(On second thought, Dont answer that question. If there is a different or better use do not reply as it could spoil any surprises.)
I think they were neutral, actually. But yeah, paladins and undead usually don't get along very well...

Demiurge out.

gfunk

First Post
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack . . . and looking forward to some King of the Rift action this weekend. BTW, I like your SH quite a bit Joachim -- great job!

Woohoo. I've just come back from my 3 week vacation to find butt-kicking updates and a new SH here!

Very impressive once more, how the party handled themselves...having looked into the last module of the path, I actually see a little bit of hope for the group - even without the help of Entropy. :]

Just one thing, Joachim, I would love to get one Havok journal entry with his resumee about him beeing a decendent of Kyuss and the possible implications.

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Just one thing, Joachim, I would love to get one Havok journal entry with his resumee about him beeing a decendent of Kyuss and the possible implications.

I have been trying to work something in, but each week since the posts have ended in spots that wouldn't be conducive to that. The whole thing about Havok having a worm somewhere in the family apple (so to speak) has been something that Joe and I have been working on together since our friendly neighborhood warlock joined the group. I like the idea of playing a warlock that is 'afflicted' with his condition and doesn't know what is happening to him, one who is confused and amazed watching his powers grow as he matures. That's much cooler to me than the WotC defined warlock...basically your typical "I'm a goth !@#hole who wears all black armor and snarls at people before he shoots his beam of evil at them, RAWR!!". The whole thing with Kyuss coming back around was just too perfect to me to explain the rise of Havok's abilities...they grow even stronger as the Age of Worms gets closer.

But with the revelation that Havok's great^20-grandfather was actually Kyuss' little boy (which was a complete surprise when Joe sprang that on me) changes that aspect somewhat...maybe Havok's ancestor is reaching from the beyond, granting the younger Vito the ability to combat his evil granpappy.

Last edited:

Joachim

First Post
Just to give a little bump to this thread, I found the following on WotC's website regarding the upcoming Complete Mage:

This D&D supplement is intended for players and Dungeon Masters. In addition to providing the definitive treatise on arcane magic, it expands the character options available to users of arcane magic, including bards, sorcerers, wizards, assassins, warlocks, and wu jen. Herein you’ll find never-before-seen prestige classes, spells and invocations, magic items, alchemical items, heritage feats, and reserve feats (a new type of feat that grants special abilities to those who remain charged with magical power). Alternative class features give other character classes—from the barbarian to the rogue—a little taste of what it’s like to be an arcanist without sacrificing their core identities.

I only saw 1 word...invocations. I know that I said I didn't like the idea of players expanding their own invocation lists, but I have no problem if it's provided by the game publisher.

There goes $29.95 USD...

Remove ads