JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

gfunk

First Post
JD coming at you once again on Day 3 of GenCon! Well, Aqua Teen Hunger Force did in fact get to play in the semi's and we did quite well. Accomplished all our goals in the alloted time with no character deaths. We feel like we're a shoe-in for the finals. Won't find out 100% till 5 am.

Gfunk had a kind of downer day, starting with an RPGA game he played in with included an eight year old girl as a player. She played a CE drow priestess. Write your own jokes here. Tonight at 10 pm, we play D&D For Cash, a game in which two teams of four choose from among 20 7th level iconics, with the goal being to kill the other team in the shortest time possible. There are a total of 32 slots. The top team wins $1000. So far, the time to beat is three rounds, tic 18 on initiative. We'll see.

More later.

JD

gfunk

First Post
Gfunk here. Quick update on the D&D for Cash -- w/ a little bit of luck (not to mention a generous serving of Evard's Black Tentacles) -- our team (aka PWN3D UR AZZ) managed to take down the opposition in round 2, initiative 16. Will this be enough to snag one of the top 3 prizes? We shall see.

More importantly, JD/Joachim & Co (aka Aqua Teen Hunger Force) are currently competing in the Open Final to reclaim their first place title. I was eagerly watching but apparently they want strict security to maintain fairness since I was "invited to leave." :(

Stay tuned . . .

JollyDoc

Explorer
Ika_Greybeard said:
You better Bring that 3rd place home you need to add that 3rd place Handbook to your collection. We expect no less and no more please no more :D

Sorry to dissapoint you, but you're just going to have to settle for..........

another 1st place win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!! Aqua Teen Hunger Force does it again!! It was a squeaker folks. The final encounter was with an aspect of Tiamat. In the end, we had two PC's dead, and one unconscious. The second place team also had two dead, one unconscious, and one who fled the encounter...counted against them. Top prizes for us amounted to approx. $1000.00 worth of swag for each team member!! This included a plethora of manuals, all of the Fantastic Location series, Dungeon Tiles, a Dungeons and Dragons chess set, a gargantuan black dragon mini....oh, and a video ipod engraved with the D and D logo!! Boo Yaaa!!

As for D&D For Cash, our team ended up in a tie for third place. We each took home a whopping $12.50 in cash.

All in all a productive four days!!

Rugger

Explorer
Congrats Guys! As a former (2001) Open winner, I am left speechless at the prizes (we got $100 at the WotC online store and a pat on the back ;) ) Well played!

...and now back to the death and the maiming of Wormy-rific baddies!

-Matt

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
Crap now we have to listen to them Brag and talk for the next year :eek: . Your books will not match either. :D No really congrats I really really mean it :\ Why oh Why oh the horror we shall endure at the Table. Great Prizes by the way.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Congratulations! By your description, it was a close call for 1st place, but you did it again! Is there an article at WotC yet?

Thanks everyone! It was a great time, and every one of the competitors was tough. And Ika is right, all of my players needs to prepare themselves for a year of being regaled with tales of our exploits and accomplishments!

No articles from WoTC yet, but I'm sure they'll get one up eventually. We'll look for it and let you guys know. In the mean time, a company called Silven Publishing interviewed us, so you might check their website from time to time.

www.Silven.com

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
JollyDoc said:
Thanks everyone! It was a great time, and every one of the competitors was tough. And Ika is right, all of my players needs to prepare themselves for a year of being regaled with tales of our exploits and accomplishments!

No articles from WoTC yet, but I'm sure they'll get one up eventually. We'll look for it and let you guys know. In the mean time, a company called Silven Publishing interviewed us, so you might check their website from time to time.

www.Silven.com
Please first place in open does not mean nothing I read the Gencon forums there was not enough role playing to be named 1st place :] . Acording to those guys the last real open was 4 years ago before you guys started your run :D . You should have done Nascrag that was where the real Gamers where at role playing in the tavern drinking and chasing imaginary tavern wenchs. Geez you powergamers need to get a clue :D .

Really Congratulations great win.

Remove ads