JollyDoc's Age of Worms (Updated 11/30, Epilogue!)

gfunk

First Post
JollyDoc said:

The correct terminology is eat it, thank you very much.

The cynic in me says that you completed this update before GenCon and purposely sat on it. The release was probably timed for maximum effect (e.g. so a whiney reader could get his comeupance).

Nevertheless, I forgive you -- this was a great update and a very tense fight. I've got to hand it to Grubber (dispelling those Balors was critical) and Havoc (who, as usual, pwn3d the battlefield after wisely staying out of those darn Blasphemies).

When we game next, I predict a tense debate on whether we continue on or take a 24 hr rest (so that we can level up!!!!).

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
You know, I had no idea that wormdrakes had gate as a spell-like ability until this update. Good to know. That'll teach me to read statblocks more thoroughly.

Excellent installment. I think Dragotha might have good reason to be worried ;)

Demiurge out.

Cool action! Too bad, though, the party had to use their Gabriel card so soon! He might really have proven usefull in the end.

Still, seeing as the Solar had no problem whatsoever in dealing with the bad guys it makes me wonder about the CRs... The klurichir did not really come across as CR 25, except in JD's introduction of it.

I agree with gfunk. The two Balors could have been a diciding factor in the battle.

Joachim

First Post
I had no qualms with using the 'Gabriel' card so soon. We didn't want to have to burn so many resources in that fight, and the Solar will not be as useful in the fight with Dragotha.

Besides, Havok is packing a lot more where that came from.

ltclnlbrain

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Still, seeing as the Solar had no problem whatsoever in dealing with the bad guys it makes me wonder about the CRs... The klurichir did not really come across as CR 25, except in JD's introduction of it.

I believe in "Fiendish Codex I," many demons received an overhaul on their CR. The kulrichir is now a more appropriate CR 19 instead of CR 25. They realized it's nowhere near as deadly as its original CR suggested. :)

JollyDoc

Explorer
ltclnlbrain said:
I believe in "Fiendish Codex I," many demons received an overhaul on their CR. The kulrichir is now a more appropriate CR 19 instead of CR 25. They realized it's nowhere near as deadly as its original CR suggested. :)

Really? I will have to look at that. Their insta-summon is deadly, plus Blashphemy at will. They are not combat heavy at these levels. CR 19 you say? Hmm...I love the smell of xp drain in the morning. It smells like...victory!

gfunk

First Post
JollyDoc said:
Really? I will have to look at that. Their insta-summon is deadly, plus Blashphemy at will. They are not combat heavy at these levels. CR 19 you say? Hmm...I love the smell of xp drain in the morning. It smells like...victory!

I believe this monster has been re-statted extensively in the Fiendish Codex. Somehow I doubt a monster that can summon Balors and has an SR of 35-36 would qualify as a CR 19. So if you used the one in the Fiend Folio, you'll have to used the listed CR . . .

EAT IT!!!

Edit: It seems that I will be the one who is eating it, courtesy of James Jacobs. Link is here. Man if Jacobs is not screwing the League w/ his made-up game mechanics and broken non-associated class levels, he's stealing our hard-earned XP. WEAK!!! :\

Edit #2: So it seems that SR ~35, DR 20/cold iron and good, and the ability to summon 2 Balors was not taken into the equation when the Klurichir was weakened to CR 17. Yes, you read correctly . . . this is not a typo.

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
Thanks to Gfunk (who will be on call and unavailable to play next Sunday), our AoW game will not resume until the week of Sept 10, so no new posts until the following week. Sorry loyal readers, but it just keeps that tension taught. Dragotha is just around the corner...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases