JollyDoc's Rise of the Runelords...Updated 12/22

JollyDoc

Explorer
Great Stuff as always

What a great way to make thouse two combats more of a challenge

Well, we have Duerten to thank for that one. He's the one that went blundering into the next room while his partners were still mopping up in the previous one, thus triggering encounter number 2! I love it when a plan comes together!

JollyDoc

Explorer
Where do I begin? It is with my deepest regrets and sadness, dear readers, to inform you of the premature conclusion of Rise of the Runelords. Yes, the Sandpoint Seven have come to the end of their journey, and the finale was as dramatic and action packed as their beginning. From multiple monks to exploding illusionists, the drama was non-stop!

Never fear, I will be continuing to detail the events here to their end, but I'm wondering if you, the readers, would prefer me to continue in piecemeal format, or if you would rather me post a large synopsis. You decide.

:eek: Wow...that was unexpected. The modules read deadly, but not more so than the other APs. Bad dies, bad dies. :confused:

As for the format of your story postings, JollyDoc, I'm fine with whatever format. More important for me is how you are going to go on. Will you finish Rise of the Runelords with other PCs? If not, what are your plans?

JollyDoc

Explorer
:eek: Wow...that was unexpected. The modules read deadly, but not more so than the other APs. Bad dies, bad dies. :confused:

As for the format of your story postings, JollyDoc, I'm fine with whatever format. More important for me is how you are going to go on. Will you finish Rise of the Runelords with other PCs? If not, what are your plans?

Sins of the Saviors turned out to be an unexpected meatgrinder for the players, and by the time it was all over, the consensus among them was to step away from RotRL for awhile. Our plan is to begin Curse of the Crimson Throne next week. The way SotS's ended left open the possibility of returning at a later date and concluding it, so that is a very real option. For now, though, we're taking a fresh start with CotCT.

carborundum

Adventurer
Wow... ouch! I have no preference for how you finish your story hour - if you can take the time to write it up that's wonderful. If not, I'd love to read the synopsis.

Are you set in stone about running CotCT? I would love to read your version of Second Darkness - dirty criminals, set-pieces galore [sblock]from the Riddleport Arch chase scene to the Elven ruins[/sblock], alien plants from space and the Golarion Underdark, full of aberrations and of course...

[sblock]drow![/sblock].

I'm loving reading it far more than I did CotCT, which seems a bit confusing in the city, and a meatgrinder outside. That castle is just ... ouch!

Still - if anyone can make me like CotCT it's JD!

Virtue

First Post
Well I want to know what happened but I also want the current adventures to be written out well so what ever is easier for you cause this was the best story hour
You should move this over to the paizo board too

Zanticor

First Post
I am so shocked. A TPK for the best power gamer group around the boards. You've been a great inspiration for my games and now you've actual all died. Maybe I should try killing of my guys too for a change. Can you give a description of what it actually is like when the characters you've invested in just all die and you decide to call it quits? I can't imagine. Although not for lack of trying. You just always expect the hero's to win, whatever you trow at them. Maybe if you say you left that night in digust with the feeling you never wanted to play again, I won't trow that pit fiend at my guys.

Zanticor

Schmoe

Adventurer
Where do I begin? It is with my deepest regrets and sadness, dear readers, to inform you of the premature conclusion of Rise of the Runelords. Yes, the Sandpoint Seven have come to the end of their journey, and the finale was as dramatic and action packed as their beginning. From multiple monks to exploding illusionists, the drama was non-stop!

Never fear, I will be continuing to detail the events here to their end, but I'm wondering if you, the readers, would prefer me to continue in piecemeal format, or if you would rather me post a large synopsis. You decide.

Holy Cow! That's a huge (and sad) surprise. When I read through Sins, I didn't remember seeing anything that jumped out as a TPK. I'll be morbidly awaiting the write-up for that one.

I think that you should choose whichever write-up best suits your desires. Whatever you choose, I'll be happy to read it and grateful for the time you spend on it. While I truly enjoy the detailed stories, I can certainly understand how you might want to put your efforts into a new beginning.

At any rate, you have a great group of players, and I hope that they aren't too demoralized from the loss, as I'm really looking forward to hearing about their continued exploits. :D

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
I agree with Schmoe. I haven't read through Sins, but I had reached a point where I believed your group could survive most anything.

I'd love to see a detailed account of the end of the campaign, but I'm (as always) eager for any new material.

Good luck to you and your group in the future JD! :)

Remove ads