JollyDoc's Savage Tide-Updated 10/8!

Supar

First Post
awesome update JD i must say watching basil's turn to the darkside could not have been put any better. After all that exalted good in AOW its kinda refreshing to not be good at all cost in AOW i would want to cast a spell with a radius incompassing someone not a foe and JD would literally tell me no, now its just ok or you know they are in the radius. Besides our table tends to never kill without a profit and well she was an arcanist :p not to mention i was trying to save sepotos weapon

gfunk

First Post
Sunday Night Update

1. The Legion takes out the proverbial laundry.

2. In preparation for the trip to Farshore, the Legion goes on a spending spree w/ their ill-gotten gains.

3. As we leave for the Isle of Dread, we meet Avner . . . and his horse.

4. A dinner on board the Blue Nixie was to be a pleasant affair. Instead it turns into an exercise in gnomish racism. Oh and a major faux paus is made with a self-loathing "elf."

5. A water mephit meets a brief and highly violent end but reveals a much more complicated plot aboard the Sea Wyvern.

6. The Legion "investigates" and reaches a "conclusion" with "evidence." Anwar pushes the party to its limits, trying to make them violate the sixth commandment. Surprisingly, they resist! In abject despair, the bard has to settle for breaking the ninth commandment instead.

7. Detect thoughts + Glibness = all your secrets are belong to us

8. After keelhauling a probably innocent man, the Legion uncovers a Slaadi plot.

Last edited:

Joachim

First Post
gfunk said:
6. The Legion "investigates" and reaches a "conclusion" with "evidence." Anwar pushes the party to its limits, trying to make them violate the first commandment. Surprisingly, they resist! In abject despair, the bard has to settle for breaking the ninth commandment instead.

LAF, when did Anwar try to get us to practice idolatry and worship false gods, and at what point did he settle for coveting another man's wife?

Also, you have been using keelhauling a little bit innappropriately...here is its definition (it sounds like something Anwar would really like to do to someone):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keelhauling

gfunk

First Post
Joachim said:
LAF, when did Anwar try to get us to practice idolatry and worship false gods, and at what point did he settle for coveting another man's wife?

Also, you have been using keelhauling a little bit innappropriately...here is its definition (it sounds like something Anwar would really like to do to someone):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keelhauling

Funny thing, I actually looked up both of those on Wikipedia before I posted. The first commandment was an obvious botch on my part . . . probably it was too late at night. However, the ninth commandment was correct for the Jewish/Protestant versions (according to wikipedia). Keelhauling I'm also aware of from Wikipedia . . . however it "sounds" a lot cooler than saying we blindfolded a guy and locked him in the hold . . .

BTW, for those who are still scratching their heads, Anwar tried to violate a "thou shall not kill" but had to seettle for "thou shall not bear false witness."

Joachim said:
gfunk said:
Funny thing, I actually looked up both of those on Wikipedia before I posted.
BTW, for those who are still scratching their heads, Anwar tried to violate a "thou shall not kill" but had to seettle for "thou shall not bear false witness."
Damn. I also looked up the commandments for the correct order, found Joachim's source and thought that Anwar was onto something. Would have been interesting, too. ;)

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
I'm digging the turn to evil. It's so obvious that the module author intended for you to save the Jade Ravens and attempt a joint rescue; it's fun to just blow up the railroad. :)

Even still, the brutality was shocking. Your newfound freedom from moral "issues" will be fun to play, at least until a paladin catches you in a Detect Evil. There's just no way to explain away an Evil alignment*.

-z

* "You see, good Sir Knight, long ago I slew a vile diabolist and with his dying breath he cast a pallor over my soul, cackling madly as he prophesied that a noble heart would strike me down, and with that act, fall from grace. It is my curse to ever tempt pure paladins into delivering misguided justice. I am glad that you did not jump to conclusions, and have heroicly resisted the evil wizard's trick. Now then: can you spare some gold for a Remove Curse?"

Joachim

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
* "You see, good Sir Knight, long ago I slew a vile diabolist and with his dying breath he cast a pallor over my soul, cackling madly as he prophesied that a noble heart would strike me down, and with that act, fall from grace. It is my curse to ever tempt pure paladins into delivering misguided justice. I am glad that you did not jump to conclusions, and have heroicly resisted the evil wizard's trick. Now then: can you spare some gold for a Remove Curse?"

Don't laugh...between Anwar and Thrisp and our near-equal +45 or so Bluff checks at 6th level that paladin would have no chance!

Remove ads