• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City

Joachim

First Post
Points taken. I forgot about Raphael's Divine grace, I wasn't sure about Tilly's hp, and I intentionally left out the issues with Rage and Cleave. Using the spreadsheet I emailed you I ran an analysis of Gardrid verses Pez standing toe to toe whacking on each other (no spells considered). On paper, if Gardrid is raging, the dwarf wins. Likewise, if Gardrid is not raging, the archon wins (DR is too much to overcome). This considers the iterative attacks that Gardrid gets.

I don't think Pez is unbalancing...no more so than Joachim or Entropy were in the last campaign. Pez is a just a well-built character. Period.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Oh oh... JollyDoc, be careful not to get so horribly behind on your updates. As you continue playing, the amount of material keeps growing and growing...

Nice teaser - well, what's an archon to do? :D

Not to worry. Since I was out of town this past weekend, we did not game and so I should be able to catch up in the next couple of days

JollyDoc

Explorer
Hmmm...could it be that Joachim and Entropy have been reincarnated in the bodies of Gardrid and Pez? But how could that be? Aren't Joachim and Entropy still alive? Ah! Perhaps Gardrid and Pez are actually the love children of Joachim and Entropy! All that animosity between the two was actually just for show to cover their true love! At last, the Circle of Life is reborn!

Lela

First Post
If they're not the love children than they're at least siblings. I mean, the resemblence between Pez and Entropy is just uncanny.

Joachim said:
Likewise, if Gardrid is not raging, the archon wins (DR is too much to overcome).
Wait a minute, is Gardrid evil? If not, why is he affected by DR? So far, he didn't strike me as evil...

The archon itself strikes me as a kind of Dragon Diciple that gets +1 caster level at each new level. If it weren't for the additional spellcasting abilities, I'd not call him overpowered.

BTW, you two ARE the worst powergamers I've ever seen - keep up the good work! :D

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Wait a minute, is Gardrid evil? If not, why is he affected by DR? So far, he didn't strike me as evil...

BTW, you two ARE the worst powergamers I've ever seen - keep up the good work! :D

Pez's DR is for anything that does _not_ have the evil subtype (like demons, devils, etc.). So he is less vulnerable to the attacks of any good creatures than he is to the attacks of evil outsiders.

Joachim said:
Pez's DR is for anything that does _not_ have the evil subtype (like demons, devils, etc.). So he is less vulnerable to the attacks of any good creatures than he is to the attacks of evil outsiders.
Thx, now that I read it again, I don't know why I got it wrong... :)

Remove ads