• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Just a quick question: Isn't there also one more update due for gfunk's Gith SH? ;)

PS: Looking forward to your new character, Joachim!!!

Why yes...I think you're right. We'll have to speak to Mr. Funk about that. After this Sunday, we won't be running our game for the next two weeks due to folks being out of town, so he should have plenty of time to catch up.

MoonSaber

First Post
I'd love to ask Barrington if his Cleric that used Stoneshape actually touched the base of the statue, since that spell is range "Touch", and if he didn't, why that is allowed. Have to set myself up for such interesting things, since I have that spell and have considered it 'mostly useless'.

On a note of relief for my fellow gamers, I finally took Joachim's tip and ordered the Core book set from walmart.com (only $63 including shipping!) so I will finally have the actual books!

-AKA Wathros the Druid

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
MoonSaber said:
I'd love to ask Barrington if his Cleric that used Stoneshape actually touched the base of the statue, since that spell is range "Touch", and if he didn't, why that is allowed. Have to set myself up for such interesting things, since I have that spell and have considered it 'mostly useless'.

On a note of relief for my fellow gamers, I finally took Joachim's tip and ordered the Core book set from walmart.com (only $63 including shipping!) so I will finally have the actual books!

-AKA Wathros the Druid

Ah, I'm sure we will all be glad never to have to hear again the phrase, "Does anyone have a (insert name of manual here) I can borrow?"

JollyDoc said:
Ah, I'm sure we will all be glad never to have to hear again the phrase, "Does anyone have a (insert name of manual here) I can borrow?"
C'mon, JollyDoc. You, gfunk and Joachim know those tomes by heart. You can lend them to the other. :D

bbarrington

First Post
MoonSaber said:

-AKA Wathros the Druid

Yeah, she was touching the base of the statue. She was out of sight of the whips at the time as well since they had backed away from the statue while their next bolt was charging. She was also under the cover of the statues upper platform so the kuo-toa on the third level could not see her. Even if they could they only had hand crossbows...

BTW, they finished Zenith Trajectory last Sunday. The kuo-toa assassin outside Zenith's chamber almost killed the abjurer. The party failed the Spot checks and the assassin spent three rounds focusing on the abjurer, who just happened to be at the back of the party. He rolled a 4 on his Fort save but he has a level of cleric along with the Luck domain. He then ended up just barely making the save... Lucky bastard. ;)

-bbarrington

MoonSaber

First Post
bbarrington said:
Yeah, she was touching the base of the statue. She was out of sight of the whips at the time as well since they had backed away from the statue while their next bolt was charging. She was also under the cover of the statues upper platform so the kuo-toa on the third level could not see her. Even if they could they only had hand crossbows...
-bbarrington

Ahhh.. no wisdom gleaned *sigh*

Thanks for clearing that up Bbarrington!

-Aka Wathros

gfunk

First Post
Monday Preview
  • We continue our journey through the Abyss!
  • We meet some new friends including a half-fiend wizard and a planar champion.
  • Caine *finally* gets a chance to use Diplomacy, in the Abyss no less!
  • Tilly, Wathros, and Rusty show their offensive prowess as they take down two very powerful foes in a remote Cathedral in Occipitus.
  • Joachim's new character gets smacked down by a Salamander Noble.

Lela

First Post
He's definitally not a Cleric then. My guess is the Planer Champion, assuming Paladin's out. Joachim seems to tend to fighting types and the wizard, though the AC can be pumped up, just doesn't strike me as him.

Why half-fiend on the Wizard though? Doesn't the EL hurt a spellcasting class a lot?

JollyDoc

Explorer
Lela said:
He's definitally not a Cleric then. My guess is the Planer Champion, assuming Paladin's out. Joachim seems to tend to fighting types and the wizard, though the AC can be pumped up, just doesn't strike me as him.

Why half-fiend on the Wizard though? Doesn't the EL hurt a spellcasting class a lot?

The half-fiend wizard in reference is an NPC...stay tuned.

PS G...you forgot to mention that the noble salamander incidient was the SECOND time Joachim's new character got smacked down in as many weeks.

Lela

First Post
JollyDoc said:
The half-fiend wizard in reference is an NPC...stay tuned.
I was thinking so. I couldn't think of a reason someone in this gorup would want to do that. The higher Int just wouldn't be benifit enough for me, even with the Spell-Like abilities. Of course, I'm sure Gfunk could make it nasty anyway. He's like that. Also, he might not fit into the group all that well. . .

Remove ads