• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City

Lela

First Post
Well, we really haven't seen a lot of Tilly's perspective in battle. So the subject is open to explore.

And Tilly, I recall, has been considering going Exalted. Could be the eladrins took a liking to the guy a while back. Or he's got limited ghostly companions.

Wow, there is a lot you can do with that.

Morrow

First Post
Hey, how about posting stats for the rest of the party? I'd like to see some more examples of the exalted rules in practice. Besides, the fans want to know everything about their heroes.

Morrow

Lela

First Post
Morrow said:
Hey, how about posting stats for the rest of the party? I'd like to see some more examples of the exalted rules in practice. Besides, the fans want to know everything about their heroes.

Morrow
*GRINS*

JollyDoc

Explorer
Joachim said:
I am working on it...trying to build on something here...patience is a virtue :). I can say that I was trying to find a reason why every rogue would have uncanny dodge, and would the nature of every rogue's uncanny dodge be the same. Is is super reflexes? Is is hyper-sensitivity to their surroundings? Or is it something...else?

Personally, I like the idea of a spider-sense...tingling in the back of his head or something.
Another great job Richard. BTW, if it seems like Joachim is doing all the posting here, it's because we had a bit of a back-log of updates in which a lot of things happened. Joachim and I plan on switching about every two weeks...ie, he posts two game weeks worth of info, then I do. He should be just about able to wrap up his set here pretty soon, then I'll take over for a bit. Stay tuned.

Joachim

First Post
Morrow said:

Morrow

To be honest, only Wathros and Caine make regular use of the exalted feats, but I guess Rusty uses a lot of the sanctified spells. If Ajax had made it further, I would have made more use of it, but oh well. We have been trying for months to get Chris (Tilly) to take the Exalted sneak attack feat (is it Sacred Strike?), but he doesn't think being exalted matches his character. I guess you have to respect that.

Once (or more appropriately, if) Grimm makes it to 11th level I will post his information. Right now, I can tell you that he is a Fighter 6/Exotic Weapon Master 1/Planar Champion 2.

Lela

First Post
Does he say why he doesn't think it fits his character? I'm not trying to pressure him or anything, I just really like Tilly.

gfunk

First Post
Chris (Tilly) doesn't want to feel an obligation to follow the path of good, which he would be required to do if he takes Exalted feats. Basically, he wants the freedom to act thuggish when the situation calls for it. That, and he wants to stick with his original character concept.

Last edited:

Don't the alignments neutral and chaotic good provide enough room for thuggish acts once in a while? I don't picture JollyDoc as a DM that uses alignment to beat on his players...

Joachim

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Don't the alignments neutral and chaotic good provide enough room for thuggish acts once in a while? I don't picture JollyDoc as a DM that uses alignment to beat on his players...

You have to understand that there is a real, defined difference between GOOD and EXALTED, much as there is a real defined difference between EVIL and VILE. If you are exalted, you have to be an exemplary bastion and protector of goodness. Just because you are good does not mean that you are exalted.

Remove ads