D&D 5E Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel Table of Contents

Take a peek at the table of contents of Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel (as shared by BoLS). The book contains the 13 adventures we already know of, a chapter introducing the citadel itself, and a chapter of stat blocks. The hardcover comes out next week, after some production delays.

citadel_contents.jpg

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
This is exciting to me. I hope this format works because the idea of getting mini-settings mixed with adventures in those mini-settings is one that is really attractive to me.
I liked this ToC and format too...

I know this isn't happening because the 5e publishing rate is small, but it would have been interesting to have major settings published as one core manual plus regional collections of adventures, each of which with the JttRC format. Say for instance a FR core book with all global information (races, organisations, religions, history, monsters, character material...) and then adventures collections in Amn, Thay, Rashemen...

Oncewasbenji

Explorer
I liked this ToC and format too...

I know this isn't happening because the 5e publishing rate is small, but it would have been interesting to have major settings published as one core manual plus regional collections of adventures, each of which with the JttRC format. Say for instance a FR core book with all global information (races, organisations, religions, history, monsters, character material...) and then adventures collections in Amn, Thay, Rashemen...
I think they sorta did this - we had sword Coast, then some adventurers set there, then one in Chult, Waterdeep, Baldurs gate, icewind Dale, the underdark and so forth.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Looking at the page counts, they seem like a collection of one-shots. Those are valuable to have, but why have a gazetteer and lots of background information for a one-shot - when you play it and you're done in four hours?
You can have a 12 page adventure be a lot more than a one shot (by one shot, I mean "one session", just to be clear), so I'm not sure you can make that call.

Li Shenron

Legend
I think they sorta did this - we had sword Coast, then some adventurers set there, then one in Chult, Waterdeep, Baldurs gate, icewind Dale, the underdark and so forth.
Yes at least they did that for Forgotten Realms, even though the SCAG is not really global, and only Candlekeep Mysteries is a set of adventures like Radiant Citadel (all others IIRC are single mega-adventures).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yes at least they did that for Forgotten Realms, even though the SCAG is not really global, and only Candlekeep Mysteries is a set of adventures like Radiant Citadel (all others IIRC are single mega-adventures).
All of the big Adventure books are de facto collectons of smaller modules. It's really not difficult to take individual chapters from any of them and transport them elsewhere.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
All of the big Adventure books are de facto collectons of smaller modules. It's really not difficult to take individual chapters from any of them and transport them elsewhere.
I mean... traditionally, that's how campaigns were done - I would homebrew some adventures, import some from other sources, mash it together and form some kind of overarching storyline

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases