2000AD Judge Dredd Errata

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
On pg 71, the Counterhack exploit refers to a "system override exploit" which doesn't seem to have made it to the book.
That's an exploit from NEW.
I don't think it's very useful within Judge Dredd - System override is a hacking attack in starship combat, counterhack is additional defense against it

SilentJay

Explorer
That's an exploit from NEW.
I don't think it's very useful within Judge Dredd - System override is a hacking attack in starship combat, counterhack is additional defense against it
In that context, yeah, it makes sense to drop it, but it makes sense to have it as a response to general hacking. (Though, I'll admit, it doesn't really come up that much in JD.)

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
In that case every pregen character needs their REP increased by 3. Is it safe to assume the REP starts at 3 not 0 is optional? I kind of liked that it started at 0.
You should talk about that with your GM - GM's may change rules as they want (golden rule of P&P) - they should be so nice and leave a note about rule changes (or at least those changes that directly apply to them).
In that context, yeah, it makes sense to drop it, but it makes sense to have it as a response to general hacking. (Though, I'll admit, it doesn't really come up that much in JD.)
I don't know very much about the world of JD; as the exploit RAW only works if one is ACTIVE counterhacking, I don't think it's very useful as PC - but, as the exploit has to be re-written by your GM to apply to your game he also could change it to be useful ;-)

Remove ads