2000AD Judge Dredd - Rapid Fire

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
Are there any rules regarding "rapid fire" with a lawgiver or a spitgun? How do you handle this?

Thanx in advance for your opionion / insight / help :)

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
hmm.....don't think this fits. If i use a spitgun or machinegun and don't use suppressive fire, this trait will do nothing. So if i have no one to protect with suppressive fire, i can do nothing with an automatic weapon. I am a perp and fire 100 bullets in a crowd....i just it 1 target

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
I think, it should be an area attack vs. vital defense of the targets....but how calculating the fire rate in relation to number of max targets? How much area can i spray with my bullets?

And by the way....how much bullets do you spend for suppressing fire? :)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
hmm.....don't think this fits. If i use a spitgun or machinegun and don't use suppressive fire, this trait will do nothing. So if i have no one to protect with suppressive fire, i can do nothing with an automatic weapon. I am a perp and fire 100 bullets in a crowd....i just it 1 target

It's the answer to your question. But you should certainly feel free to houserule your game! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Then you're looking at existing Spray and Stafe exploits, available to weapons with the auto trait.

Judge Morbo

Street Judge
me again :) ok...in my game we use the Lawgiver MKII with a rapid fire mode (like in the movies and nearly all audio books). I use the unviersal exploits Morrus mentioned as weapon traits.....but there is one question coming from this...how would you handle damage, if i use rapid fire / Universal exploit "Spray" on just ONE target?

Any ideas for a good and playable houserule?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So basically the effect you're going for is you want automatic weapons to do more damage? I mean, I don't think that would make for a better game, but if you're set on houseruing it that way, add an extra dice of damage.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases