Judgement

Magi_Apolline

ISRP Moderator
Everyone knows that I offer my two cents easily...

I honestly don't think the root problem is being called a God-moder/snert. I think the problem is simply put that there are characters/players that do not like other character/players and pass judgement upon them in a quest to ally other character/players in their decision to dislike someone (or something). Unfortunately there isn't much one can do when faced with such a dilemma other then note it and move on. It is their loss just as much as you (being whomever the character/player is, not Nathan in particular) may believe it is to you. There are alot of gamers on this site, and obviously at alot of gamers who desire to continue roleplaying with you (directed at Nathan). If others do not wish so, that is their loss as they have lowered their options of plot/roleplaying availablity. Avoid those who dislike you and embrace those who do (directed at Nathan), and do not allow the sour opinions of others to ruin your roleplaying experience.

Silver_Shulad

First Post
I have been around and seen your character Nathan for a long while since before enworld, and unlikely heros. Yes you play differently, you use different style of system in a more free forum based way.

Your charcter comes off and uneffectable, in battle and in private RP's this RP that is most recent, you would not could not did not and will not let any outside force into it, because you feel your character is to powerful to let anyone. I think Magi A was and is wrong about saying that god moding is not the problem, its just passing judgement. Its not, I have played with god like characters. If someone does not like you, they just wont play with you, and I believe that you have characters that have played with you over the years that still think you are a god-moder. I can name a few, but this does not stop them from playing with you.

The problem is that your character can not be effected, nothing can stop you from effecting and doing things to others, but your character just seems immuned. To what I ask, and it seems everything. If you can not effect someone Nathan, you generally ignore them, (atleast out of personal experience.) as you have done to one of my characters, but you yourself do not allow anyone to do anything to you, unless they are in your storylines. I could be wrong on that though, so excuse.

Anyways ill give one example: a day or so ago you had RP relations with a female character, had her abducted and caged, you told the player OOC information, about the cell and such, someone was planning a rescue of that female, and when something was brought to your attention, like a way in or around the anti-magic, or the stone feet thick walls, and a vacuum of space around the area, you changed it up, just telling her 'No one can get inside"

Abit overpowered to me I guess, I mean isn't the fun in Rp, interaction and storyline with others? ok I digress.

P.S. Babylon Logos

Nathan does not use named spells only generally colors of magic and texted 'Is more powerful', 'is not as strong as spell cast so fails' or 'Casts spells to counter.' and ' Uses a powerful magical energy, enough to destroy the wall of force." <This I have encountered when the character entered into a battle of mine, when I was playing a spell caster. So you have the case on misinterpritation (sp), but this is not that this time.

Last edited:

Magi_Trelian

First Post
As with some of the other Magi, I haven't seen much of Nathan recently and so I won't comment on your current use of him. My characters have interacted with him in the past, but not much, and not in combat.

As for Babylon's use of Mage Hand, I find this: "Target: One nonmagical, unattended object weighing up to 5 lb." Last I noticed, most hearts are very much attended. :) And the general impression is that it has to affect the entire object, not just a section of it. But your mileage may vary.

first for Babalon, thanks for the examples, for kal, Tyrian and Ruthia, thanks :) , for Silver, I apologize, you are right, I tend to be unreasonable when I'm trying to keep thinks between myself and those I've chosen to rp with at the time, and that I have the bad habit of getting into others fights, effecting them but not letting anthing effect me, and I do use what I like to think is a mix of offical D&D and free form, and for the magi, I do hope some time you get the chance to see him and learn more about him. I will await more remarks to this thread, for this will determine whether or not I let him go, or have him stay, if he does stay, I will do all I can to improve on how I play him, advice on how to make ideal changes to how he's played is welcome, thank you

Silver_Shulad

First Post
he has lots of stories going, I just dont see why you just cant make a change and keep him on, Im not asking for him to be killed, but bloodied up, a spell fail or work, have a rival or a few, mix of rules is fine so long as personal restraint is used, subtle rather then overwhelming. I am sure he is still a fun functioning workable character. If you know realisze the problem, why not fix it, instead of throwing it away?

Bhryn

First Post
I'll be honest, what little I've had the fortune to be in to rp around people (and ergo, by deafult, Nathan at some point or the other) he hasn't seemed so bad. Distracted, distant and a little arrogant, but that's the character, right?

So I cant help you much here at all, really. Sorry! :\

rucaro

First Post
I have seen, Nathan a few times in the past do certain things that some might consider to be godmoding, they have been mentioned already (ignoring others attacks) but I think that when dealing with a storyline one should either adapt to the newcomers or politely inform them that this is a plotted storyline. Some may still complain about plotting instead of improv, but hey as long as you are having fun. I do not think that you should write off Nathan, it would be sad to see him go, I know you have had this char for a long time, so perhaps simply find out what plans your opponent has and discuss a battle before hand, maybe then both players can find an agreeable outcome.

Sorry I am ranting now. Happy halloween, think long and hard before you give up this Char I know It has been some time since I have played with him but it would be sad to see such a long lived and well played char go.

Kinetti

First Post
I will agree with those who have said above that some do level the accusation of "god-moding" to include those who share opinions the accuser does not agree with. In fact, that is why I thought long and hard on if I should reply at all, so I could weigh whether I could seperate my objective view of how over-powered your char may or may not be from whether my characters IC and I OOC "agree" with your ic and ooc views on certain subjects.
Those who know me and my chars can likely guess what views those may be. hehe.
Therefore, let's see what I can say...

to be as objective as possible I would have to first concede I have not seen your char in battle, personally, in ages, and thus the main thing I remember was some storyline you had involving Hephaestos a few years back. And, since much time has passed since then, you may have ironed out many things since then, so I could hardly be fair by including such a storyline in a concurrent assessment.

Furthermore, since you admit to using "freeform" tenets in your character make-up, that further makes such assessments of power level moot, as with "Freeform", to be technically, you can do whatever the heck you want.

Therefore, I could only leave you with, let those who can better fit your playing style enjoy your Game, and let those who don't, find those who better suit your styles. In that regard, though, I would respectfully disagree with Magi Apolline, in that hey, some people's styles mesh better with some than with others. Therefore, is it fair to naysay those who don't RP with absolutely everyone? If we use our judgement to know that we may not get along with everyone, that makes for less disagreements that may eventually require Magi attention and intercession. Not everyone gets along with everyone else, that's just plain human nature. If I know that my style would only bring conflict with someone else's style, would it not behoove me to not seek out working with them anyway? To invite conflict would only ruin what is meant to be a good time. And sometimes, when one bends too far to concede, it's no longer just compromise, it's surrender, and I know I wouldn't find that fun any more.

Ever-seeking Logic ~~ KC, the CAT

Drindin

First Post
Ah, ever the eloquent one, KC!

But I must agree. I *know* I used to be a god-moder. I will admit it. But I think that just makes me a better one to say that, yes, a year is a long time, and in a year a person can go from god-moder to a perfectly reasonable player.

And again, I agree, not everyone's playing styles mesh, and beyond that, if real people can't always get along, whose to say that our characters *can* always get along? A lot of people wag fingers at me for bringing Reality and ISRP together, but there's this thing called "suspension of disbelief", and I always argue "Just because magic exists and no one drives cars or uses computers, why would they not *insert reality based statement concerning personalities and attitudes*".

Yours most truly,

DA BEN!

well it going off what all's been said, I'd have to say things are looking good, just a simple matter of ironing out the b ad wrinkles of my character :) . thanks guys, still, wanna hear from others and get more advice (just that thorough a person).

Remove ads