D&D General Judgements Beyond the Rules

Oofta

Legend
I will often base what happens in my games on PC actions, choices and inactions. I will never base what happens on my game on how good they are at RP or how well I judge their expression of their character. Some people simply aren't budding thespians or simply aren't verbal about what their character feels or perhaps they simply don't enjoy getting into character.

For sure if the DM ask to be a good elf, I would try to do the opposite, just like any heroes in movie who are stubborn free spirit!

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
So I don't have a problem with "cosmic judgements." They can be a fun way to make the PCs stretch a little bit.

So they shouldn't happen all the time though, because they make game outcomes feel subjective instead of objective. I like my game world to feel like it follows physical laws instead of personal preferences.

These sorts of things do/have come up in pretty much every game I play or run in that gets into sufficient depth or length. The players I play with most often are heavy into role-playing, so we would just expect this sort of thing to be a part of the campaigns.

Remove ads