• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Juggernaut

Juggernaut
“Do what you want, but the giant in back is mine!”

A 30-level heavy armor, big weapon martial striker class.

Attachments

• Juggernaut.rtf
    211.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:

Brain

First Post
Shield Bash
If you choose the sword-and-board fighting style, you can use the Shield Bash exploit as an encounter power.

Shield Bash Juggernaut Class Feature
In your hands a shield isn’t always a defensive device.
Encounter • Martial, Weapon
Immediate reaction Melee weapon (shield)
Special: You may add any enhancement bonus of your shield to the attack roll and damage roll of this power.
Target: One creature
Trigger: A foe misses you with a melee attack.
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Strength modifier damage and if the target is your size or smaller, push 1.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Strength modifier at 21st level.

Interesting class.

One thing: Shields don't have enhancement bonuses in 4e.

EldritchFire

First Post
Spinning Strike
If you select the great weapon fighting style, you can use the Spinning Strike exploit as an encounter power.

Spinning Strike Juggernaut Class Feature
You foe grins as you swing wide, but as you spin your whole body back around you wipe the grin off its face.
Encounter • Martial, Weapon
Immediate interrupt Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Trigger: You miss a melee attack roll.
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + Strength modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2d8 + Strength modifier at 21st level.

Umm, you can't use immediate actions on your turn.

-EF

They can, in odd corner cases. (All in AV that I know of) I just wanted it to be clear that if your shield did, you got the bonus. It's likely needless detailing, since those shields with such bonuses act as weapons.

Since it's not obvious, it was suggested to me I should mention that the attached file has all 30 levels of the Juggernaut, four Paragon paths, the multiclass feat, and two class-specific feats.

So it's a complete 30-level striker class, designed to allow heavy armor, heavy weapon strikers.

Rawhide

First Post
Wow, that class is extra awesome!

I do have a question though. Are the Perfected Maneuver (Encounter 27) and Signature Attack (Encounter 23) really balanced? And if so, why doesn't every class do something like that?

And is Perfected Maneuver level 23, like the powers its with, or level 27, like its entry says? Also, Bleed Them All lists itself as a 19th level attack, but it's under the 25th level powers. which is it?

And does battlemaster let you use an at-will attack instead of a basic attack, or in addition to your basic attack?

Remove ads