• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[July] What are you reading?

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

I'm reading The Once and Future King. With that being said, I take back my previous recommendation for the book. I assumed it would be good because it was a book about King Arthur, and it had good reviews.

Now that I am reading it, I find it to be a little too kiddish, light-hearted and fanciful for my tastes. Another book that I am going to have to tough out my dislike of the writing style to finish. Ack.

Grifter86

First Post
I just finished Battle Royale by Koushun Takami last night. I have to strongly recommend it. I just started the Fitzgerald translation of the Odyssey today. It looks to be solidly lyrical.

I want to pick up Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett soon. Just waiting for my next paycheck. Right after I finish the Odyssey I want to move onto the Trial of Socrates and finish up For Whom The Bell Tolls. I've also intended on picking up Lord of Light when I get a shot.

Too much to read.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Started reading Bloodlines, the fourth book in one of the Magic the Gathering series. Not bad but once again, brain candy. I have a weakness for the techno-magic-nonsense of the Pherixians.

EDIT:
Okay, finished that one. It was another no-brainer but I knew that going in. It's more a step X, Y and Z happen in pretty clear and conscise measures. Some of it was pretty well written though. The whole Kreig is Keld part and the small wars breaking out against the Pherixians was pretty solid.

Last edited:

NiTessine

Explorer
Well, I finished Silmarillion and after that sped through William Gibson's Neuromancer in a single night. Now, I'm reading the first part of Robin Hobb's "Liveship Traders". The second and third are waiting on the shelf.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Well I finally finished the latest Harry Potter book earlier this week and am currently reading StarTrek: TOS - The Janus Gate by LA GRAF (Acronym for Let's All Get Rick and Famous, if I recall correctly). It's a fairly decent TOS book set just (and I mean just) after the events in the episode, The Naked Time. It was originally a trilogy, but the SciFi Book Club released it as an all in one book.

After that I am probably going to be reading the novelization of either The Hulk or X2 or maybe X-Men: The Chaos Engine or Spider-Man: Secret of the Sinister Six or Spider-Man: Revenge of the Sinister Six. Ok so maybe I'm not quite sure what I will be reading next. Picked up those when I recently rejoined the SciFi Book Club.

Anyways, I'm rambling and shall stop now.

Remove ads