D&D 5E June 27 Q&A: Modular Features, Paladin Alignment and Legendary Creatures

MarkB

Legend
Pretty good stuff. Confirmation that paladins are as free of alignment mechanics as the rest of the game, and a little bit more on Legendary mechanics, making it clear that they're a bespoke solution implemented differently for each monster, rather than a one-size-fits-all template to be dropped onto existing creatures.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
This pretty much confirms my suspicions that they've been developing the game on 2 tracks: The playtest track and the internal/beta track and that they are saving a lot of stuff from the beta track until GenCon to put into the playtest track so they can have a big surprise reveal of a large portion of the game at once.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
1.png
I think its a good thing that some module can change class features as it will really allow options to carve even deeper in their customization.

2.png
Not surprised, the paladin's alignment restriction was one of the last alignment hardwire in the playtest.

3.png
I am okay if army of peasants are unable to kill legendary creatures because they are stronger and more durable or resistant, i expect such creatures to be beyond the reach of most commoner and militia and what they can handle.

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
1. I hope that using skills doesn't really complicate things. They should design the classes and the skill system so that they can both work together easily. I'd like to be able to use skills without having to worry about a bunch of changes it makes to classes like the rogue.

2. This is great news. I don't mind alignment being in the game so long as it is totally detached from the mechanics and isn't a requirement for any class.

3. Sounds good.

I'm very happy they decided to get rid of alignment requirements from the Paladin (along with the Monk and Barbarian), it's nothing but good news. There'll be less arguing with most DMs over what's allowed for certain characters.

Remove ads