[June] What are you reading?

Richards

Legend
Currently, Your Heart Belongs to Me, by Dean Koontz. Yeah, I know, by the title it sounds like a romance, but it's about a guy who gets a heart transplant, and then afterward keeps seeing this woman who looks remarkably like the dead heart donor...who apparently wants it back.

Johnathan

Shade

Monster Junkie
Thieves' World: First Blood. I somehow missed the series the first time around. So far, it's a bit underwhelming compared to the hype. :erm:

I've still got several more stories in the Thieves' World portion and all of the Tales from the Vulgar Unicorn half, so it may pick up.

Finished this. I definitely found the second half far more engaging.

I also read Realms of Wizardry, an anthology collected by Lin Carter. Some interesting obscure stuff in there, like The Goddess Awakes by Clifford Ball.

Started Kyrik: Warlock Warrior by Gardner F. Fox.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Fantasy & Science Fiction Magazine's 60th anniversary collection- classic stories from Dick, King,* and others. You'll find "Flowers For Algernon", the first gunslinger story, and so much more.

* that is a crucial comma

coyote6

Adventurer
Now I'm reading Worlds of Their Own, an anthology of stories by writers known best for their shared world/other's IP work (authors include Gygax, Greenwood, William King, Salvatore, & Stackpole, amongst others), published by Paizo's Planet Stories & edited by James Lowder. I bought it at Gen Con a couple of years ago, but mislaid it.

Slowly crawling through the Paul S. Kemp Twilight War trilogy. I'm near the beginning of the second book, and have been for over a week, without having had much time to actually read the last couple of weeks.

Once I finish all three of those books, I'll read the short story collection about the Twilight War. I anticipate finishing all of those this month, at least. Not sure where I'll turn after that. Maybe I'll turn back to the James Silke Death Dealer quadrilogy.

Starman

Adventurer
Now that I have finished The Name of the Wind, I am going to read The Terror by Dan Simmons (well, when I can squeeze time in between reading for school).

Shag

Explorer
Still reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

If you've seen the movie Red Cliff (which I recommend) that kicks in around chapter 41.

This book makes me wish for some kind of 4E+Feng Shui mash up. Man I wish Dragonfist had happened.

But...Back to books!

Krug

Newshound
Lavie Tidhar's The Bookman. Steampunk book set in London. Lots of stuff happening and only 1/4 of the way through.

I just got Rock Paper Tiger, by Lisa Brackmann, a debut author (a literary agent I pitched my novel to represents her). It follows an Iraq war veteran as she stumbles into the Chinese MMORPG subculture while on the run from some bad guys.

I'll post updates as I go.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases