• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jungle Realm of Teotlok

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Nice try. If you can spell my full name without pauses you can have half my share." The sorceror calls, with half a smile.
" I think the explorer's guild would pose us with the best and more profitable challenge. If we get to explore these... savage..." The man almost spitted the last word "...land, we could find traces of the old giant city. There are tales of the immense power of the artifacts that are hidden in that place, of the countless priceless relics... Perhaps some of them are true." offers the sorceror of green robes.
[sblock=Image]
200px-Mandarin_002.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Reklaw

First Post
Rulk looks at the sorcerer quizzacly... "Okay mister-big-words, seems like you got it all planned out, huh? How 'bout we do guard duty on our way into check out these fancy artfax?"

Phaezen

Adventurer
A catlike shifter, wearing worn but serviceable leather armour leans against an unusualy large bow, addorned with fetishes. He stares in awe at the surrounding area, looking at the nearby jungle with reverance. He turns to the other adventurers who have gathered on the dock

"Hi Hi, I am Flint, like the rock" he proffers a flint tipped arrow by way of explanation "You think maybe prospective employers would prefer hiring a group of people rather than loners?"

He looks around thoughtfully.

"Maybe found a mercenary company? Strength comes with number, yes?"

Legildur

First Post
Gnarul had seen some strange creatures in his time, but a common-speaking cat-like creature was not one of them. Still, it seemed human enough in other ways.

Shrugging his shoulders slightly, he essentially agrees with Flint's idea of offering their services collectively. "You're probably right. Although I have little enough experience in selling me skills."

The woolly-haired man looks around at the eclectic well-armed group now gathered on the dock, clearly assessing their character. He pauses, and then spits on the wooden planking underfoot. "I'd be satisfied to throw my lot in wit any of ya."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Camden, Human

Sounds like a good idea Flint.

Camden sorts out his gear with Rulk and gets it all stowed away and tied into place.

"So we offer ourselves as guards for a group rate? even split of all profits?
As to Hook Peak, I purchased an intrieging map that uses Hook Peak as its major landmark. I was assured that the mountain was on this continent, but know one seems to know where it is."

Reklaw

First Post
"Joining up as a group sounds good, maybe we should all say what it is we do so we can figure out details"

Rulk pats the hilts of his swords. "I'm a ranger, bit of a woodsman but mostly just enjoy using my two swords to dice up the monsters, whoever they are"

Your group has congregated at the docks not too far from the Bloody Rose Tavern and Inn.

There is a jobs board with several postings (see 2nd post): The "Guards Wanted" post refers to Theldan's Mining Company which you can the office and a withered sign dimly across the plaza.

(obviously you can choose to follow up on a rumor or job listed in post #2 or look for something else.. it's up to you..)

Phaezen

Adventurer
Flints nods at the impatient arcanist

"Won't help if others get the job first yes?"

Looking around at the rest of the band

"I am a hunter, with the kind help of the spirits who help hinder my targets"

Grabbing the notice from the board, he looks at his companion "How should we introduce our company then?"

Reklaw

First Post
Rulk gathers his gear and marches over to the office, "We should call ourselves 'Best Ever Guards!! That way they will want to hire us!"

Remove ads