Jungle Realm of Teotlok

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A lucrative activity is such that generates large amounts of money with a low comparable amount of work. It's like getting paid one gold piece to serve a mug of ale" Explains the sorceror. To Hane, he turns and states drily. "I haven't heard my name pronounced as it should."

chitzk0i

Explorer
((No idea this thread was here! Did anyone mention something in the recruitment thread?))

[sblock=description]Mikal is a stooped half-elf man with dark skin wearing some shabby, mis-matched leather armor. Tattoos formed from tiny dots spill across his face and down his neck. In one hand, he carries a jumbled conglomeration of feathers, string, and small bones that rattles slightly as he walks. Aside from his... totem? he carries nothing but a dagger and an adventurer's pack. Unlike many others here, the sweltering heat barely bothers him.
[/sblock]
'Eeey, people! You look like you're about to get tings done. I can't tell ya how long it's been since dere were some brave souls around here. Do you have need for anyone else?

Biran Theldan hastily takes out a scroll and a locked strongbox.

"25 gold? Fine, I think the company can accept that. Then it is agreed, you are taking the job!"

He hastily unlocks the strongbox and counts out stacks of coins (12 gold 5 silver) for each of you. He then dutifully scribes down each of your names.
Once finished, he tears off a scribbled note, stamps it with a stone chop dipped in red ink, and hands it over to Bonamius.

"This will cover a nights lodging at the Bloody Rose... Meet here at first light!"

(OOC: Chitzk0i- post #36 in the recruiting thread referenced here!)

Phaezen

First Post
Flint nods, pockets his share of the payment and moves towards the Bloody Rose.

Waiting till the group is out of earshot of Biran he notes "Good pay for first assignment, but I is thinking maybe we check what the going rate is for the next time? Yes?"

Heading into into Bloody Rose he takes some time to look around at the crowd, loking for possible sources of information and rumor.

(We are skipping ahead to preserve momentum..)

You all stay at the Bloody Rose Inn for free, having been hastily afforded accomodations on the Theldan's Company tab.

The next day, at dawn you arrive in front of the mining company office and see that a number of men and a few dwarves have assembled outside. Biran is there, as well as an elven scout, who will be leading the group.

You will be the only guards on the expedition, although the commoners can defend themselves with their picks and shovels if they have to.

Are there any final preparations before you set out, and how would you like to organize the expedition (they leave this up to you.).

Everyone is on foot. There are 20 miners in the party that travel at a fairly slow pace. Your group is the only group of guards...

The scout plans on being in front of the group by 40', but promises to remain in sight of the group so that the rest of you don't get lost. He has a map but says he doesn't need it.

renau1g

First Post
"Just lodging or drink's as well?" Hane asks greedily, after stuffing the coins into his belt pouch, the storage container looking tiny on the massive bugbear.

Hane enjoys the hospitality of the Bloody Rose for the evening, drinking, eating and carousing with any women that could put up with his ugly mug.

When he arises the next day, the assassin stretches his muscles and prepares for the day. When he comes down to the group, his face is determined and hard. It's clear that he takes this seriously and despite his previous attitude he's a consummate professional and will let nothing distract him, until the job is done that is.

He remains off the path to the right of the caravan, preferring to remain in the shadows, in case trouble breaks out. Despite his size, the bugbear melts into the shadows, becoming one with them and disappears from sight, even to those who know where to look.

[sblock=OOC]
Stealth (1d20 11=31), forgot +1 for Camouflaged clothing, total is 32.
Wow...Crit on his first roll, I hope this is an omen of things to come.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Reklaw

First Post
Rulk spends the evening playing drinking games with the inn's occupants, most of which degrade into arm wrestling matches. Waking up the next morning with little memory of the previous night and a pounding headache he is sullen and withdrawn in the early morning hours.

Seeing Hane take up the right flank Rulk rubs his still aching head and mumbles, "I'll get the other'un"

Rulk stumbles off the left side of the path, dissapearing into the foliage. While not as well hidden as Hane he manages to blend into the jungle foliage fairly well.

[sblock=Stealth]Stealth [13,8] = (21)[/sblock]

[sblock=Renau1g]Wow, nice roll![/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Camden, human bard

Camden will stop by the Circle of Cenevar, to get the location of the orchid fields, and some tips on transporting them. "Should we expect anything in particular to object to the gardening?" He will then head to the bar for drinking and storytelling. He will flirt with most of the girls, and lay ground work for a future visit to the Bloody Rose, if there any roses worth picking.

The next morning, still a little bleary-eyed, he will take up position in the front of the caravan. "Gnarul and Mikal, can you watch the rear?, I bet you two can catch it if anyone is sneaking up behind us."

"Flint, Bonamius have either of you heard of any interesting sites to visit once we arrive at the mining camp? I heard a couple of things last night, but it was hard to be specific without giving away our destination."

He will add the orchid site to the map, and see how close they can get to pinning down the location of a ruin near the digg site.

He will try and keep the miners bunched up, staying within 35-50' ft of the rear guard. It doesn't matter to him how wide the march spreads.

When the group stops for a break, or lunch he will check with Mikal, and Brian to see if either of the locals has heard anything about the ruins near the dig site. He Will also pass on the details of the orchid job to his companions.

Last edited:

Phaezen

First Post
"I'll go with the miners, that way can cover everyone with my bow" Flint mentions

Flint will spend some time during the day talking with the miners, asking about the port and local conditions, trying to gather what information he can.

Remove ads