Jungle Realm of Teotlok

chitzk0i

Explorer
Mikal gestures toward the nearer of the two clawed humanoids, cursing it. He then attempts to use his loa power to peer into its mind.

OOC: 8 vs will with Eyes of the Vestige. If that somehow hits, 14 psychic, and I curse the other clawed humanoid if it's within 3 squares of the first.

Legildur

First Post
Cold Gnarul looks up as the commotion erupts. His mind is momentarily frozen with the options available to him, but with the power wielded by some of his companions, he thinks that the pair of humanoids will be dealt with without his assistance. He leaps for the other side of the clearing, seeking to aid the taken miner.

OOC: Move 6 then Weight of Earth against 'mist' if hit then target slowed until end of Gnarul's next turn. (1d20+8=11, 1d8+4=6)

Options: will use Action Point if needed to close the gap or to attack a second time using Weight of Earth (to slow) AP attack (1d20+8=21, 1d8+4=11) or charge.

Misc: will mark 'mist' if adjacent

Phaezen

First Post
Drawing his bow Flint takes aim at one of the clawed demons, looking to drop the smaller creatures as quickly as possible. As the arrow leaves the bow, a buzzing sound grows around the arrow.

IF the arrow hits, the air around the clawed demon will grow blurry, as if as swarm of phantasmal insects were surrounding it.
(OOC Stinging Swarm, 18 vs AC, 15 Damage, on a hit the target and adjacent enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the start of Flint's next turn)

renau1g

First Post
Hane is already grumpy as a result of the various insect bites he suffered and having the terrible smelling goop that Flint had put on the bites, now crusty in his fur. This latest interruption brings a smile to his face, "Finally, something to take my frusterachein out on." the bugbear thinks as he moves to engage.

He calls upon the shadows to roll over the mist, then he steps into the shadows, coming out behind the mist, and stabs at the enemy, his blade hindering its speed as darkness enters it like an infection.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: put a shroud on the mist
Move: Shadow Step to get behind the mist to flank
Standard: Smothering Shadow on Mist - 1d20+9; 4d4+7+1d6 (invoke shroud) damage; slowed until end of next turn on hit. IC is down can you roll for me? Also, the falchion is high crit, so it did crit, an extra 2d4 damage
[/sblock]

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Camden will move between Bonamius & Flint and the humanoids.
Drawing his longsword and bracing his shield.

"I don't know what you are beasties, but since your probably to dumb to understand simple words, ill just have to stay curious"

OOC: vicious mockery vs the humanoid not hit by insects, +4 v will (1d6+4: -2 to attacks till end of my next turn if hit)
next rnd guided strike if they get in melee range, reduce defense vs will.

Init Repost!

Bonamius=18
Mikal=16
Filthy Clawed Humanoids1d20+3=16
Hane=14
Camden=11
The Thing in the Mist1d20+6=11
Rulk=8
Cold Gnarul=6
Flint=5

=======

Bonamius stands up from his spot near the middle of the clearing and grins wickedly as he launches a glimmering black chaos bolt at one of the filthy clawed humanoids.. It howls in pain!

Mikal summons the inner power of his vestige, but the creature seems unphased just yet...

The two filthy bloated figures lurch menacingly into the clearing as the miners scatter.. and head directly towards Camden and Cold Gnarul.

Camden escapes unscathed. Cold Gnarul is not so lucky.. as the creature catches him offguard and slashes at him viciously!

Both Camden and Cold Gnarul realize the filthy humanoids carry a sickening miasma near them... the stench is horrifying.

Hane slips into the shadows.. and he can see that the thing in the mist is almost demonic looking- an elemental humanoid..like a demonic woman.. cloaked in undulating silver and green mist that seems to form serpents and tentacles...

Hane attacks from concealment (but she is concealed too.. within her mists) with an overhead swipe on the strange being, but misses.

Camden is sickened by the awful miasma of the filthy humanoids, but manages to draw his sword and shield and gets a swipe in..

The thing in the most smiles over her shoulder at Hane with a look of almost unbearably haunting alien beauty, but then turns toward him as her head and neck elongate into a serpentine form. And her mouth widens until it forms a wide toothy maw. She snaps her neck forward, biting at Hane.. she draws back her serpentlike neck, her mouth filled with blood.

Rulk (did not post, so he only gets a basic attack): fires an arrow at the wounded clawed humanoid.

Gnarul shifts away from the smaller humanoids and surges towards the silvery figure in the billowing green mist. His first slash misses, but his second one is a well timed followup that seems to channel the weight of the earth itself into the strange silvery demon. She turns with a look of unearthly anger...she is now focused on Gnarul.

Flint takes aim at one of the clawed demons.. and let's fly an arrow that sings and buzzes like a swarm of wasps.. it nails the wounded filthy humanoid in the chest, and black, demonic ichor seems to spatter the area (some of it getting on Camden, who now faces the two demons alone). The other clawed demon next to it, croaks and hisses with anger, as he swipes at invisible stinging wasps.

Any change in tactics?
==OOC==

Bonamius hits a clawed humanoid for 10 dam.
Mikal..missed!
the two clawed humanoids attack:
One misses Camden. 1d20+5=6
The other crits against Cold Gnarul! 1d20+5=25. Gnarul takes 14 damage. (not quite bloodied, he has 19 left)
Hane ducks into the shadows, uses his shadow step/smothering shadow/flachion but misses with a 1d20+9=15.
Camden attacks the wounded humanoid and hits with a 1d20+7=16. He takes 2 damage from the miasma aura. He deals 7 more damage (on the same one Bonamius hit). It is not yet bloodied.
The thing in the mist turns and attacks Hane.. using three seperate bite attacks! 1d20+6=18, 1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=7. 2 of them hit (this is even accounting for concealment). Hane takes 1d6+4=9, 1d6+4=8 (total of 17) damage, which leaves him bloodied!
Rulk attacks the wounded filthy humanoid from a distance, but misses with an 1d20+5=11.

Cold Gnarul shifts away from the filthy clawed humanoids, surges at the thin gin the mists and flanks with Hane (+2!) he misses on his first strike, but action points and hits on the follow up for 11 damage. She is Marked and slowed.

Flint hits with his stnging swarm arrow, damages (and bloodies) the first humanoid, and causes a -2 penalty to the second one.

=======OOC Quick Status=========

Hane: 11 hp (bloodied)
Camden: 24 hp
Cold Gnarul: 19 hp

Filthy Clawed humanoids (actually dretch demons): HP 16 (bloodied), 44
The thing in the mist (still a secret): hp: 185

renau1g

First Post
Hane is even more upset by his new wounds, and swings his blade again at the foe, calling on his own (and his allies) shadows to aid his attack, although the blow is not terrible effective. Hane becomes one with the shadow and becomes difficult to see, as if he's not really there, and steps into the creatures shadow, stepping back out behind his ally, hopefully out of reach of the enemy.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: put a shroud on the mist
Standard: Shadow Storm on Mist - vs ac; dmg (1d20 9=17, 2d4 6 1d6=10), hits AC 17 for 10 damage...:.-(
Minor: Shade Form (Insubstantial, vulnerable 5 radiant, sustain minor, ends when Hane attacks, can hide if I have concealment or cover, including allies)
Move: Shadow Step to get behind Cold Gnarul, use him as cover and hide hide (1d20 11=30)

Well...he's really good at being hidden.
[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
Concern flicks across Gnarul's face as he sees more of the mist beast's full potential. Wounded, he knows that he'll soon be in trouble, and so decides to hold his position as best he can until help arrives.

ooc: Move Action: Will shift to maintain flank if required.
Standard Action: Second Wind => +8 hps and AC 23 until beginning of Gnarul's next turn.
Immediate Action: If mist beast makes an attack that does not include Gnarul then Gnarul gets Immediate Interrupt attack Warden's Fury with flank 18 vrs Fort for 7 damage). If attack hits, then mist beast grants Combat Advantage to Gnarul and allies until end of Gnarul's next turn.

Reklaw

First Post
Rulk charges from the undergrowth, broadsword in one hand and shortsword in the other. He leaps at the nearest foul smelling beast, slicing at him with the broadsword and bringing the shortsword around in the same path.

[sblock=Actions]Do I roll twice for Twin Strike attacks?
Broadsword [10,7]=17
Shortsword [5,8]=13
Broadsword = 3
Shortsword = 3
Hunters Quarry = 7
Furious assault = 2 (forgot that should have been rolled as a d10 instead of d8 but I'll keep that)

If every attack hit that is 15 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Sorry about that, thought I needed to post in turn. No worries though, now I know![/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The sorceror notes the slight disadvantage that his side is suffering and decides to even the balance. He sends another screaming black skull from his already energy charged hands. The howling wicked thing goes through one of the creatures, and them attempts the same thing with the wounded one. The black orb of chaotic energy then shoots towards the mist, but already weared out, disipates next to it.

[sblock=OOC] Using Chaos Bolt: Fist is 20 for 10 dmg for the less wounded creature, the second is 16 for 14 to the second demon, and the third is 14 for 14 vs the mist. As I rolled even in every roll I made the other attacks. Hope at least one hits! The links are in the IC description. [/sblock]

Remove ads