Jungle Realm of Teotlok

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Camden will stagger back out of the cloud coughing and hacking.
Seeing the power of the creature in the mists he will cut loose with a stirring Shout! begone foul creature, or you will soon die *cough**hack* I'm not one to lie. The poorly rhymed phrase does little to hurt the creatures self-confidence, but the desperation pushes his allies to fight on despite their wounds. If he can see how badly wounded Hane is, he will vouchsafe some words of encouragement.

OOC:7 vs. will. But effect: for remainder of encounter, whenever an ally hits the target that ally regains ... (4 hp)
Hane's Majestic word rng 5- target can spend surge +4hp.
also the first ally bloodying or dropping an enemy gets +3 temp hp and +2 damage with next attack.

chitzk0i

Explorer
Mikal tries the most basic power of the loa: a simple blast of energy.

OOC: Eldritch blast vs the cursed one, 14 vs. Reflex, 14 damage, then maneuver to curse the other humanoid. Could I get the distances between the enemies? Can I see the thing in the mist from outside the mist? How big is the mist?

Phaezen

First Post
Flint grins as he sees the first foe starting to show signs of his injuries and lets fly with another buzzing arrow, his triumphant grin turning to a frown as the arrow goes wide of the mark.

He whispers a short chant and the arrow curves through the air, redirecting towards the second clawed humanoid, the arrow grazes the second, the buzzing spirts tormenting the two clawed creatures for a while longer.

(if one of the clawed creatures is already down, then the inevitable shot will be against the creature in the mist.)

Without missing a beat he snarls in frustation and rapidly launches another arrow at his first target, the grin returning to his face as the arrow hits home solidly.

[sblock=ooc]
Stinging Swarm against the bloodied clawed humanoid
8 vs Ac

Inevitable Shot, Stinging Swarm
17vs Ac, 5 Damage

Action point, Inevitable Shot recharges, Stinging Swarm against the bloodied clawed humanoid.
18vs Ac, 15 Damage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: Just some positioning notes.

The silvery demon in the mist is standing on the edge of the clearing, now flanked (+2) between the Gnarul and Hane. It is cloaked in mist, which provides concealment (-2 to hit). So it evens out. Hane is also cloaked in shadows of his own (I think).

Closer to the middle of the clearing, the two clawed demons (which you can now identify as dretch demons) are battling Camden. They each have an aura of miasma.

In general, I post everything up front (hp, etc) so you guys can track it, just because the play-by-post medium is not as conducive to communication as a real face to face game. So it's sort of to compensate. Please allow yourself to take full advantage of any knowledge I give you (or pretend your character doesn't know it as you see fit- both are cool options).

Ok, combat update coming soon..!

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=OOC] A map would be nice! I found that Microsoft excel or any other calculus sheets make up for excellent maps! Here, take a look at this one of one of my games: A Paid trip to Spellhold

I just hit print page and past it in paint to cut the borders and attached it in the post.
To make it I just use the fill with color tool.

Hope you find it useful.[/sblock]

[sblock]Init Repost!

Bonamius=18
Mikal=16
Filthy Clawed Humanoids1d20+3=16
Hane=14
Camden=11
The Thing in the Mist1d20+6=11
Rulk=8
Cold Gnarul=6
Flint=5

==========
Addendum: the green mist provides total concealment (-5 to enemies outside of the mist), and partial concealment (-2 to enemies) within. It extends 10 feet..
==========
[/sblock]

Bonamius hurls another glittering black skull of energy that blasts one of the creatures and ricochets off into the other humanoid, injuring both of them.. it misses the silvery demon in the mist, however.

Mikal summons the power of the Loa-- eldritch blasting the 2nd (cursed) dretch.. it recoils and howls in pain...bloodied.

Both dretches concentrate their furious assault on Camden, clawing away viciously.. all you of look on in horror as they slash away at Camden who looks badly injured.

Hane uses his shadow powers to bring an overhanded slash down on the silvery demon.. and then steps away behind Gnarul.

Camden makes a guarded retreat away from the dretches.. coughing and sputtering, but manages to leave the aura. He makes a stirring shout at the silvery demon in the mists.. and shouts an ancient syllable of power at Hane.

Hane recovers slightly..

The thing in the mist chuckles like the exhaling of perfumed steam.

"This jungle is ours, fools.. "

and she suddenly strikes at Cold Gnarul like a serpent.. snapping viciously at him... and Gnarul somehow holds her off.

Rulk suddenly charges out of the undergrowth, quarrying the dretches and launching a furious assault against them. His broadsword impales the first dretch..which explodes in a burst of vile black poison gas. The second dretch cackles nastily.

Gnarul shifts carefully, warily jockeying for position with the silvery demon, holding it at bay. He takes a deep breath and steadies himself. When he moves, Hane has disappeared..

Flint grins and fires two arrows.. the first one at the remaining dretch..it misses with a graze, but then straightens and redirects , curving towards the mist... and disappearing. His second arrow directly impacts the cackling dretch.

[sblock]
===OOC===

Bonamius hit both dretches, and misses the silvery demon. 10 damage and 14 damage. Leaving the 1st at 6hp and the 2nd at 30hp.

Mikal blasts the 2nd dretch, and curses the first. (both dretches are now cursed). The 2nd dretch is reduced to 16hp. (bloodied).

The dretches attack Camden, both clawing, and both hit. 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=23 (the second attack is actually -2 for Stinging swarm, but still hits). They do 2d6+2=11, 2d6+2=4=15 damage. Which leaves Camden terribly bloodied. . (Camden now at 9hp).

Hane hits the silvery demon in the mist (AC 17) for 10 damage. He hides behind Gnarul (canceling the flank!) The silvery demon is now down to 175 hp.

Camden shifts out, but takes 2 damage from leaving the miasmic aura. Camden's Stirring shout missed, (7 vs. will). But for remainder of encounter, whenever an ally hits the Mist demon.. that ally regains ... (4 hp)
Hane recovers 11 hp. He is now at 22hp and no longer bloodied. Camden now at 7hp.

The first ally bloodying or dropping an enemy from this point gets +3 temp hp and +2 damage with next attack.

The thing in the mist attacks Cold Gnarul threetimes. 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=12, 1d20+8=14. Missing all three times..

Rulk attacks- only the broadsword hits, but the damage is 3+7+2=12, which kills dretch #1. Unfortunately, the dretch explodes, leaving behind a burst 1 zone of poison centered on the dretch that lasts until what would be the start of the dretch’s next turn. Any nondemon that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes 5 poison damage.

Rulk also receives 3 temps and +2 damage on next attack.

Gnarul is unable to maintain flank (just yet) but Hane is now one square away from a flank on the next round (so he could move and attack from flank). He seconds wins for 8hp. The demon will focus on Gnarul, so the Wardens Fury doesn't go off... Gnarul is up to 27hp.

Flint fires his first arrow which misses, and then arc inevitably towards the mist (it misses there, but only barely, because of concealment). His second arrow impacts the dretch (now battling Rulk) directly for 15 damage.

The final dretch has 1hp left! The silvery demon in the mist has 175hp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"You should kill the remaining beast from a safe distance next time" Suggests Bonamius. "Oh, and somebody help Cadmen? I'm afraid he won't make it otherwise." The sorceror chuckles and begins to chant another spell. This time the energies that surge from withing the man, shift from black to white, passing by all the colors of the rainbow. The colorful orb that materializes over the sorceror's head, grows up to a diameter of a wagon wheel, before Bonamius hurls it towards the demon in the mist. The shifting orb of energy turns bluish before crashing on the demon, exploding and releasing a wave of electricity, that pushes the creature backwards. "You will be obliterated demon!"

OOC: Use chromatic orb on Demon in the mist: 18 vs ref for 23 lightning dmg, and slide 3 Don't know if you want me to slide it somewhere in particular or leave it there.

chitzk0i

Explorer
"Time for a bombad jutsu!" With an exaggerated gesture and much totem-shaking, he conjures forth black, ropey coils which settle around the bloodied dretch, squeezing all life from it.

[sblock=OOC:]Life Bind Critical hit for 26 damage. Pact boon triggers, increasing prime shot.[/sblock]

"You will not last, demon!" Mikal moves up to the other dretch and unleashes a spell at point-blank range.

[sblock=OOC:]Move into flanking with Camden, even if I provoke an OA. Action point for static shock, provoking an OA if he didn't take the other one. 10 vs reflex, 12 if I made it into flanking. On a hit, 10 lightning and he dretch takes a -4 to its next damage roll[/sblock]

Remove ads