Kamila Valieva - Olympic Figure Skating

Zardnaar

Legend
The Olympics should dump all events that are judged subjectively. And dump others that are too narrow in as far as people who play the sport. Like Curling.

Something like that. The ideal games probably a permanent location (avoids bribery scandals to get them and cist blowouts etc).

Probably in Greece as well they also need the money (vs the IoC).

@Snarf Zagyg has the right of it here. The CSA said she should be allowed to compete due to the mental strain it might put on her....
If you watched her epic breakdown AFTER she lost, I would say an upheld suspension would have been a more positive mental state for her to process.

Unlike Snarf I have watched this Olympics pretty much start to finish (excepting one day where life happened.) The ROC (Russian Olympic Committee) has pretty much been The Russian State Olympic Team. In prior Olympic and World Cup meets, they were individuals under the same flag. This Games has been different. Same old stuff in an all new package. Frankly, Russia IS back to its old CCCP self. Congrats Putin... :/

The Olympics should dump all events that are judged subjectively. And dump others that are too narrow in as far as people who play the sport. Like Curling.
Which is funny because Curling is the one sport that has expanded the Olympic games to athletes outside of the standard. Last Games there was a 61 yo athlete on the ice in Curling. Frankly I'd rather see the X-games crap removed.

éxypnos

Explorer
Which is funny because Curling is the one sport that has expanded the Olympic games to athletes outside of the standard. Last Games there was a 61 yo athlete on the ice in Curling. Frankly I'd rather see the X-games crap removed.
Yes, X-games should go too. Curling is played by almost no one despite what you wrote. Only 10 countries fielded teams.

Yes, but the rug was immediately pulled. No messing around. The IOC is inconsistent, to say the very least.
lol yes. An it was 2x BS because cannabis wasn't even a banned substance at the time. But in his case, the "system" worked and justice prevailed. Now, the whole enterprise is so thoroughly corrupt that people should stop watching it entirely.

Remove ads