• Rokugan

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Uh... why not Dragon Empires?

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Lemoncurry

Votes: 18 18.8%

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Forgotten Realms definitely needs and Indian/South Asian campaign setting to fill the gap between Kara-tur and Al-Qadim. Throw in Rokugan, why not? Let's have a setting both as diverse and as rich as possible.

gyor

Legend
Forgotten Realms definitely needs and Indian/South Asian campaign setting to fill the gap between Kara-tur and Al-Qadim. Throw in Rokugan, why not? Let's have a setting both as diverse and as rich as possible.

Because WotC doesn't have the rights to Rokugan anymore and tossing Rokugan into Toril would give it 3 different fantasy Japans, it already has 2.

I love the clans and factions from Rokugan, but Kara-Tar has got more options about races and no-samurai characters.

My doubt is about the impact of the return, or creation of new, classes (psionic, incarnum and martial adepts). The martial adepts (swordsage, warblade or crusader) in OA could be like the psionic in Dark Sun. I don't want to imagine if I am a DM and some player wants in our OA campaign any martial adept class from "Path of War" by Dreamscarred Press (SRD found in internet).

We have got the hengeyokai as PC race but I suggest a new race of cute "kemonomimi" (animal ears) because this little furry humanoids are very popular now in some Asian MMORPGs. I like the shen like feytouched cousins of elves, but not their racial traits. A hengeyokai with shapesifter powers could break the balance of power, for example as bird could fly until the window in the top of the tower, or go throward the room without touching floor and walls to avoid some traps, or with special senses as smell could to help to ranger to hunt, as hound.

Maybe the right hook to sell more books could be a videogame, but this would be a more a year project. This would need a lot of time. Other option could be an amerimanga comic.

* I am Spanish, and "far orient" is a politically correct expression.

* Any canon information about "oriental continents" in other D&D worlds? And I don't want Kamikawa from Magic: the Gathering as example.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
I love the clans and factions from Rokugan, but Kara-Tar has got more options about races and no-samurai characters.

My doubt is about the impact of the return, or creation of new, classes (psionic, incarnum and martial adepts). The martial adepts (swordsage, warblade or crusader) in OA could be like the psionic in Dark Sun. I don't want to imagine if I am a DM and some player wants in our OA campaign any martial adept class from "Path of War" by Dreamscarred Press (SRD found in internet).

We have got the hengeyokai as PC race but I suggest a new race of cute "kemonomimi" (animal ears) because this little furry humanoids are very popular now in some Asian MMORPGs. I like the shen like feytouched cousins of elves, but not their racial traits. A hengeyokai with shapesifter powers could break the balance of power, for example as bird could fly until the window in the top of the tower, or go throward the room without touching floor and walls to avoid some traps, or with special senses as smell could to help to ranger to hunt, as hound.

Maybe the right hook to sell more books could be a videogame, but this would be a more a year project. This would need a lot of time. Other option could be an amerimanga comic.

* I am Spanish, and "far orient" is a politically correct expression.

* Any canon information about "oriental continents" in other D&D worlds? And I don't want Kamikawa from Magic: the Gathering as example.

I think Ravenloft has a few Asian themed Domains and Darklords and the Vedic Hindu and Shinto Pantheons have been covered in Planescape. That I believe is it.

We have to be careful about Vedic Pantheon because millions of Hindues still believe they are real. I remember the controversy about that Xena's episode with Hindue gods, and they tried to be polite.

An interesting idea could be the demiplane of dread (Ravenloft) suffering a second grand conjuction and some domains are now in some regions of material planes.

* Are nezumi from Rokugan a PC race for Kara-Tur? They are in Kamigawa (Magic: the Gathering)

* We are in 2019, and now the influence of manganime is too strong for the new generation of DM who wanted to play with OA. You can bet many PCs will be clones of Naruto or Son Goku. (Do you remember the manganime "Karasu Tengu Kabuto"?).

gyor

Legend
I point out there are a lot of people who believe the Grecoroman Pantheon, Norse Pantheon, Egyptian Pantheon, ect..., and I'd be one of them. As long as you the designers don't try and be insulting, its okay. Lots of people use Christianity in their fiction and RPGs.

The only reason a few Hindu's got upset about the Xenia thing is because they didn't like a Hindu God linked to characters seen as Bisexual, so only the socially conservative element freaked out, not representive. Hindu's have never flipped over D&D, even though Hindu Gods have covered by several editions.

Plus this time they will likely have cultural consultants.

Last edited:

Remove ads