Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Uh... why not Dragon Empires?

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Lemoncurry

Votes: 18 18.8%

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Can we please not go down a road that will get this thread locked? Maybe just agree that it's a word that (rightly or wrongly) bothers some people and not others, and get back to talking about the merits of various settings?

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Can we please not go down a road that will get this thread locked? Maybe just agree that it's a word that (rightly or wrongly) bothers some people and not others, and get back to talking about the merits of various settings?

That's probably a good idea. I'd expect that if WotC does produce a Far East inspired setting I expect they'll recycle Kara-Tur and call it some thing like Elminster's Travel Guide to Kara-Tur.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Look at the Orient Express route, it ran (runs? Is it still a thing?)

I don’t know if it’s still operational today, but I know it was still a thing back in the 1990s. I had a chance to go on it for a continuing legal education class, but couldn’t afford the price.

gyor

Legend
That's probably a good idea. I'd expect that if WotC does produce a Far East inspired setting I expect they'll recycle Kara-Tur and call it some thing like Elminster's Travel Guide to Kara-Tur.

I think it will be like that as well, but not Elminister.

I have no problem being associated with Indians and Pakistanis or Filipinos (though most North Americans do not think of Indians or Pakistanis as being Asian), but the usage of "Oriental" in North America in my view, is the equivalent of "Negro" when referring to other people, it's not necessarily an offensive term but it's a dated one.
Your view is wrong and designed to cause trouble. Please stop. It's offensive to run around pretending to be offended all of the time.

Remove ads