• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell preview

Thalmin, thanks for all you've given us so far, but what I'd like to know is how does the art/maps look? You've said it was full colour, does it have a nice presentation? I'm particularly interested in the village and the way it "looks" is there a change from the past? And are we going to blown away with this new look?

Thanks again, we all love you, just like a Gnome loves to hide :D .

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
thalmin said:
Just got the store preview copy of Keep on the Shadowfell
The included pregens are:
Dwarf Fighter: Maul (2-handed), dagger, Scale mail
Halfling Rogue: Daggers, leather
Human Wizard: Quarterstaff, wand
Half-Elf Cleric: Mace, crowwsbow, Chain Mail
Dragonborn Paladin: Longsword, javelin, Heavy Plate, Heavy Shield

Wow, you mean the retail owners are not under an NDA like the press is for releases like this? Seems like bad practice on WotC's part..

Kordeth

First Post
LrdApoc said:
Wow, you mean the retail owners are not under an NDA like the press is for releases like this? Seems like bad practice on WotC's part..

Leaving aside the practicality of collecting NDA forms from every game store owner who receives a shipment of KotS, why on earth would WotC put them under NDA about an in-store preview copy of the adventure sent out early to drum up interest in the product?

Voss

First Post
LrdApoc said:

NDAing every retailer in the country (and any distributors along the chain, no less) for for what is essentially advertising material seems fairly ludicrous.

Yaargh, ninjered!

Last edited:

Westwind

First Post
Any chance we could get a peek at the powers the fighter is assigned? I'm a sucker for maul-wielders (goes back to my L5R Crab Clan days).

beverson

First Post
Thalmin, could you please post the complete text of the Paladin's Divine Challenge? I'd like to see if anything else changed besides the text we've seen, like maybe adding the Melee keyword...

Festivus

First Post
Do they give level 1, 2 and 3 pregens or are there options when levelling?

If you covered this already please ignore this, the thread is rather long and easy to miss stuff.

Shado

Explorer
Festivus said:
Do they give level 1, 2 and 3 pregens or are there options when levelling?

If you covered this already please ignore this, the thread is rather long and easy to miss stuff.

They give the powers and feats the character gain. No choices available, unfortunately.

lvl20dm

Explorer
As I recall, the Fighter has the following Exploits: At Will - Cleave, Reaping Strike (STR damage on a miss); Encounter - Sweeping Strike (weapon damage and knock down); Daily - Brute Strike. They gave him a Utility power that gave him 2d6+Con temp hp at level 2. At level 3 he got an encounter power - I'm having trouble recalling the specifics, but it did extra damage. People have mentioned that he was less "sticky", but he seemed to have the same Combat Challenge and Combat Superiority abilities. He was easier to hit, as he had no shield.

The most confusing thing for me was the Half-elf Cleric - I saw no evidence of any multiclassing despite the fact that Tira clearly did (with the Wizard power). His level one Daily was fantastic, though. It did less damage, but it weakend the enemy and hit or miss it gave a +5 to the healing received by any ally for the rest of the encounter.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I want to know what the adventure is about! Can you give us a synopsis? How much is of the adventure takes place in the Keep? How many encounters are there? etc.

Any magic items? What are they like?

Spoil us! (Just be sure to use spoiler tags. :))

Remove ads