• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell preview

pukunui

Legend
Darkwolf71 said:
I thought this was something they said would be incuded. Gonna be tricky for me to 'guess' at scaling for my 8 players. :(
I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to scale. The whole concept is that instead of matching up a party of adventurers with a single monster, like 3.x did, 4e matches up a party of adventurers with a party of monsters (and if you want to mix things up, you can swap a monster for lots of lower level ones or fewer higher level ones). So if you have 8 players, you just need to make sure that the encounters that are supposed to be a fair fight (as opposed to the ones that are supposed to be easy or hard) have enough monsters in them to "equal" a party of 8. Make sense?

Last edited:

CoarseDragon

First Post
Sorry if I missed this but is there a disclaimer in the book that says something like these feats/powers/skills may be changed in the real [PHB] 4th Ed.?

pukunui

Legend
CoarseDragon said:
Sorry if I missed this but is there a disclaimer in the book that says something like these feats/powers/skills may be changed in the real [PHB] 4th Ed.?
No, you're not allowed to change anything about the pregens. If you do, your copy of the adventure will spontaneously combust. ;)

Boarstorm

First Post
pukunui said:
No, you're not allowed to change anything about the pregens. If you do, your copy of the adventure will spontaneously combust. ;)

You miss the point, methinks. He's asking if there may be changes to the rules/powers/etc themselves -- as in, is the module using the completed ruleset, or something more akin to those used at D&D Experience.

Cirex

First Post
pukunui said:

I think you misunderstood him. I think what's he's asking is if there's a warning saying that powers, feats, skills, etc. may be different in the retail version.

Spatula

Explorer
lvl20dm said:
The most confusing thing for me was the Half-elf Cleric - I saw no evidence of any multiclassing despite the fact that Tira clearly did (with the Wizard power).
So, the half-elf warlock pregen probably had the wizard initiate feat.

pukunui

Legend
Boarstorm said:
You miss the point, methinks. He's asking if there may be changes to the rules/powers/etc themselves -- as in, is the module using the completed ruleset, or something more akin to those used at D&D Experience.
Cirex said:
I think you misunderstood him. I think what's he's asking is if there's a warning saying that powers, feats, skills, etc. may be different in the retail version.
Yes. Fair enough. My bad. Still funny though ...

Ashardalon

First Post
Something I forgot to ask - are there any references to the alignments lawful (without good or evil attached), chaotic (ditto), chaotic good, and/or lawful evil?

Shado

Explorer
Spatula said:
So, the half-elf warlock pregen probably had the wizard initiate feat.

Only if Half-elves start with a bonus feat, like humans.

Tira's 1st level feat is Action Surge.

Is it possible that our KotS Half-elven friend has a less obvious trait that's already factored into the numbers?

Remove ads