• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keeper from fiend folio. LA seems off?

darthkilmor

First Post
was looking at playing a keeper(from fiend folio) in an upcoming monstrous FR game and noticed, it seems to be a bit overpowered for its LA of +3. (ECL of +7). Don't see any errata at wotc, does anyone else thing this is a bit off or is there somethign about it I'm just not realizing?

Also, how do you figure what the stat adjustments would be? do they all start at 10 or 8 and you figure from that or ??

Jarrod

First Post
Dunno about the ECL, but I can help with the stats. Monsters have three stats at 10 and three at 11 (so half odd and half even). Subtract 10 from the even stats and 11 from the odds to get the stat adjustments. Remember that it would get a bonus for each 4HD as well.

darthkilmor

First Post
Jarrod said:
Dunno about the ECL, but I can help with the stats. Monsters have three stats at 10 and three at 11 (so half odd and half even). Subtract 10 from the even stats and 11 from the odds to get the stat adjustments. Remember that it would get a bonus for each 4HD as well.

It just gets a bonus to one stat though right? Sorry, i dont know alot about monster advancement :\

IcyCool

First Post
darthkilmor said:
Also, how do you figure what the stat adjustments would be? do they all start at 10 or 8 and you figure from that or ??

To figure out racial modifiers to stats, you subtract 10 if the stat is even, or 11 if the stat is odd, like Jarrod said. This gives you your modifiers (which will be positive or negative). So for the Keeper:

It has these stats:
Str 19, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 15, Wis 9, Cha 6

So its racial modifiers are:
Str = +8
Dex = +6
Con = +4
Int = +4
Wis = -2
Cha = -4

Now, you generate stats for your character like normal (whatever rolling method or point buy you normally use), and then add the racial modifiers to those stats.

Does that clear it up?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads