• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Keeping" feats?

Xarlen

First Post
kreynolds said:

The flames can always burn higher, babe. ;)

Heh. ;)

Actually, I ment that you have a lot of 'Nopes', so it doesn't hurt you to spare some. Not that you flame. Now that I think about it, you're very behaved.

Hong, on the other hand... :)

Magic Rub

First Post
A small wife beaten man at the back of the room sheepishly raises his frail hand and says.

"um.. I'm with the nopes as well.."

Though the voice of the masses drowned out his, so he leaves the room to return home to his fat abusive wife. She will smell the pong of geek upon him & beat him to within an inch of his pitiful little life for the forbidden transgression. :(

:D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

Xarlen

First Post
Magic Rub said:
A small wife beaten man at the back of the room sheepishly raises his frail hand and says.

"um.. I'm with the nopes as well.."

Though the voice of the masses drowned out his, so he leaves the room to return home to his fat abusive wife. She will smell the pong of geek upon him & beat him to within an inch of his pitiful little life for the forbidden transgression.

He should've taken Iron Will, to boost his morale.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Geron, this is from the D&D FAQ, page 50.

When you gain skill points or a feat, do you have to spend the points or choose the feat right away? Is there any way to save skill points or feats?
You have to spend skill points or choose feats as soon as you get them.
There's no reason for DMs to be absolute about this. If you're running a campaign and one of your players just can't decide right away, it's okay to let the player wait awhile, but the character must spend the points or choose the feat before the character in question gains another level. Just delay all the benefits for the new level until the player spends the points or chooses the feats.

Vaxalon

First Post
Scenario:

You want Ambidexterity. You REALLY do... but you just made 3rd level, and your dexterity of 14 isn't QUITE high enough. Your DM won't let you take the feat without the 15 dexterity, and rightly so because you don't have the attribute score to learn it.

Here's what you do.

You borrow the rogue's gloves of dexterity for a month, and you get someone to teach you the feat. Your dex is 16 now, more than enough.

Once you've got it down, you hand the gloves back to the rogue, and lose access to the feat.

When you make 4th level, you put your stat point into dex, and there you go... you 'saved' your feat, and you didn't have to break the rules to do it.

bensei

First Post
Is there any precise ruling if the prerequisites for a feat mean...
1. Only if you fulfill them, you can take the feat
or
2. You can take any feat anytime, but it is only active/you can only use it, if you fulfill the prerequisites?

Darklone

Well. It's absolutely Rule 0. I handle it this way: The player can take feats without meeting the prerequs. He cannot use them, but he may take them.

Remove ads