Keeping the blade [OOC]

lonesoldier

First Post
How you want to approach the castle mission is up to you. A spy inside will be able to help you gain entrance. Sneaking will be a big part, but I imagine there will be skirmishing as well, remember you're a strike team, not an army. After the mission the game will balance out slightly, but the ability to move unseen/unheard will still be helpful/needed.

Strahd_Von_Zarovich:
As long as you have a reason that an extra-planar being is on the Material, go for it! I'm using the standard cosmology presented in the DMG.

wmasters:
No evil characters, please. I usually disallow CN, but I'm sure the players at EN World are mature enough to handle it. That said, your character should have a reason to be part of this squad and follow orders. As for PrCs... Anything from the books listed, and ones on the "Case-by-case" list must be approved by me.

Since I do not own the Spell Compendium the Complete versions should be used.

Right now all I need is a concept, background and which classes you want to use.

stonegod:
Sounds cool! Psionics is allowed, as long the SRD versions are used. This is simply because I do not own the XPH.

----

I hope I answered all current questions and please excuse my spelling. I'm off to a birthday party and will be back very late.

wmasters

First Post
OK, thanks for answering so quickly.

I've got quite a few ideas bouncing around, but one of those that appeals the most is a conjurer/alienist. I don't know about a race yet, and the background may need to be adjusted to reflect it but I'll work that out shortly.

How does this sound? I quite understand if it's entirely unsuitable (Alienist is not suited to all settings by any imagination!), and can look at one of the other ideas happily.

So here's a brief background:

Although she's travelled widely, Kysor is where Elana has made her home. Other people consider her mad, eccentric or downright dangerous, she's the mad witch woman in the desolate house that the kids dare each other to go to. It's an image she likes to keep up, not wanting to be hounded by locals who's cat needs rescuing from up a tree, and the privacy allows her to continue her research into other planes and the creatures there.

Encountering the pseudonatural hippogriff years ago had been a turning point for Elana. She had not known such creatures existed, beyond nature, beyond magic, transcending the planes themselves. Fortunately, the hippogriff was not interested in battle that day, at least not then. She turned to study, to find out about these creatures, a study she still pursues, both in and off the field.

The war detracted from her studies; she would not see the city she had come to love destroyed. It took her but moments to volunteer to join in the war, knowing her experience, and her summonings, would be a valuable asset in the battles ahead.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
lonesoldier said:
stonegod:
Sounds cool! Psionics is allowed, as long the SRD versions are used. This is simply because I do not own the XPH.

Not too big of a difference, as most of the XPH is in the SRD. I'll double check when I actually have time to flesh Vin out.

sukael

First Post
I'm thinking about maybe asking to join with a gnomish or human artificer...however, I'm not sure about how the issue of pre-created items/armor/weapons/constructs would be handled. Any thoughts as to that?

stonegod

sukael said:
I'm thinking about maybe asking to join with a gnomish or human artificer...however, I'm not sure about how the issue of pre-created items/armor/weapons/constructs would be handled. Any thoughts as to that?
That'll be great! I can see it now... "We construct a giant, construct badger, and then you, Lancelot, and I hop out..." ;)

I could defintely see an effigy being of some potential military use, though they don't say much.

Last edited:

sukael

First Post
stonegod said:
That'll be great! I can see it now... "We construct a giant, construct badger, and then you, Lancelot, and I hop out..." ;)

"Okay, what do we do now?"

"Well, the Tanserians pull that giant artificial badger into the castle, and then we jump out of it, take them by surprise, and slaughter the lot of them."

"We...jump out. Out of that badger. That they're already dragging in."

"...er. Well, I'm sure I'll get it right next time."

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Special Agent Tanya Adams
"Ya got an order?", "I'm there!", "Anytime, Boss."
"How about some action?", "Cha-Ching!", "Shake it, baby!"

Background[sblock]Special Agent Tanya Adams is one of the Kingdoms most prized field agents. Hand selected at a young age and then specially trained by the Crown's Magi Counsel for countless years, Tanya is almost the very definition of a one-man operation. Her expertise in the magical arts defines new boundaries, as she is well educated and skilled in both the arcane and divine arts. If it needs to be repaired, destroyed, harvested and re-made, or simply eliminated from the battlefield, Agent Tanya is the top agent on all Commanders’ lists. Armed with numerous wands and various magical equipment she is capable of handling the most urgent and sensitive of tasks. Though truth be told, her true talents explode onto the surface when she is part of a covert team. It is then that she can concentrate more on providing superior magical support via divine heals from her scrolls and arcane fire balls from her wands. She can also repair and create permanent or temporary magical items that can enhance the overall mission success rate.
All of her history prior to enlisting and a significant amount of her operational experience is highly classified and is only reveled on a “Need to Know Basis”. This information is even hidden from herself as she can often remember any particular moment on her past missions, but she can never truly recall what the mission objective was. This is due in part to regular ‘briefings’ and ‘debriefings’ conducted by the Crown’s Magi Counsel were they selected what information is and is not retained.
[/sblock]

Description[sblock]Tanya is an attractive, wild and accomplished field agent. What makes matters worse is that she knows this as well. During missions briefs she is all business, but when the rubber meets the road she is about letting it all loose. Her short blond hair and light blue eyes blaze with energy as she wails into her enemy’s with her wands. She usually dresses in simple military clothing, however her uniform shows no rank or unit insignia. [/sblock]

Build[sblock]
Code:
Human 
Artificer 17 /Wand Adept 2

Flaw: -2 to Melee Att Roles "NonCombatant"
[B]Char Level Class   Class Adjustments[/B]                    
     Artificier 1  Artificer Knowledge, Artisan Bonus,      
                   Disable Trap, Item Creation, Scribe Scroll  
		   [B]Chain Spell, Twin Spell, Favored In House[/B]	                   
2    Artificier 2  Brew Potion                     
3    Artificier 3  Craft Wonderous Item, [B]Quicken Spell [/B] 
4    Artificier 4  Craft Homunculus, [B]Legendary Artisan -25% XP[/B]
5    Artificier 5  Craft Magic Arms & Armor, Retain Essence                  
6    Artificier 6  Metamagic Spell Trigger, [B]Maximize Spell[/B]
7    Artificier 7  Craft Wand                     
8    Artificier 8  [B]Extraordinary Artisan -25% GP[/B]             
9    Artificier 9  Craft Rod, [B]Wand Mastery[/B]             
10   Wand Adept 1  Identify wand, Wand focus                     
11   Wand Adept 2  Wand quick draw, Dual Wand Use                     
12   Artificer 10  [B]Empower Spell[/B]
13   Artificer 11  Metamagic Spell Completion                     
14   Artificer 12  Craft Staff, [B]Binding Elemental[/B]             
15   Artificer 13  Skill Mastery, [B]Craft Construct[/B]             
16   Artificer 14  Forge Ring                     
17   Artificer 15                       
18   Artificer 16  [B]Extra Rings[/B]             
19   Artificer 17
[B]Bold = Feat Selection[/B]                     

Basic Stats: (No magical Enhancements)
Str: 10 (+0) 2pts
Dex: 12 (+1) 4pts
Con: 12 (+1) 4pts
Int: 10 (+0) 2pts
Wis: 17 (+3) 10pts :: +1 Level Adjustment
Cha: 18  (+4) 10pts :: +2 Level Adjustment
[/sblock]

Ok, I need to request a few things that come along with this build. First is the Wand Adept PrC in Eberron’s Five Nations splat book. This PrC makes the Artificier a duel wielding wand user with appropriate penalties for using two wands. I can provide additional information on the PrC upon request if needed. However, the catch with this PrC is that it requires either the ‘Favored in House Feat’ or ‘Dragon Mark’ feat to qualify. We can drop the feat requirement if you would like or we can work in some kind of other feat requirement. I am pretty flexible. Also I would like to take the ‘Noncombatant’ Flaw (-2 to melee attack rolls) for an additional feat. I feel this can be easily justifiable to the character concept by saying that since all of her studies have been in magic she has not had the desire or the proper training with melee weapons. Note; that I only request this flaw so that taking the 'Dragon Mark' feat falls in line with the build. If we do away with either the feat requirement or the PrC as whole, the flaw will no longer be needed.

Let me know what you think.

-Blood

Last edited:

stonegod

Bloodweaver1 said:
Artificer 17 /Wand Adept 2
The game is for 12th level, not 19th, last I checked. "Special" agent indeed. ;)
Bloodweaver1 said:
First is the Wand Adept PrC in Eberron’s Five Nations splat book.
I believe it is in Sharn: City of Towers, not Five Nations.

Remove ads