5E Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

He's also started a series of blog posts now that Rising from the Last War is out:
Also, check out the KB Presents Twitter for more previews

EDIT: Official title now!

Last edited:

Comments

Bolares

Adventurer
So, about the OBS thing... Keith has another podcast, not Eberron related, called "The Download". In ther he has been making brief comments on the progress of the book. He said he expects to have it ready for PoD by the end of the month. All the writing is done, but the layout has to suffer some changes to work with print on demand.

ChaosOS

Adventurer
Listened to that new episode I think that information is a few weeks old due to the delay between recording and publishing. Laura, the editor, has communicated all that wrangling has been wrapped up now and it's in OBS' hands.

ChaosOS

Adventurer

No date, but officially announcing that it's coming next month in July

EDIT: I find this passage amusing

The Editor said:
Once Exploring Eberron was completed, my jaw dropped at the final word count. I was dying to know how this compared to the recent Wizards of the Coast hardcover, Eberron: Rising from the Last War (which had not one editor, but five!). So I spent longer than I’m willing to admit copying and pasting every single section from D&D Beyond to Word so I could run a count… Though Exploring Eberron’s page count is lower, it’s over 10,000 words longer!

Gradine

Final Form
There is a new charity bundle on DMS Guild, available for the next 7 days, that is only $4.95 and includes Exploring Eberron on release.

Looks like it only includes excerpts, but it's still pretty cool

TwoSix

The hero you deserve
Supporter
Archetypes of Eberron puts everything in the full preview, so you can check out the author's style. It's worth mentioning AoE is included in the Black Lives Matter Bundle as well.
It's probably the portion of Exploring Eberron I'm least concerned with (my own preferred homebrew takes on Eberron concepts are more radical than would be suitable for publication), but I do hope the material is solid and usable.

TwoSix

The hero you deserve
Supporter
It's probably the portion of Exploring Eberron I'm least concerned with (my own preferred homebrew takes on Eberron concepts are more radical than would be suitable for publication), but I do hope the material is solid and usable.
Just to follow up on this, I browsed through Archetypes of Eberron, and the material is really solid! Nothing obviously broken, nothing not in the general design specs of 5e, but some interesting and fairly novel approaches for some of the concepts. This makes me look forward more to the crunch from ExE.

ChaosOS

Adventurer
Small ToC sample. Keith had a livestream the other day with Magic Sword. Oh, also while the plan was for the next major article to be on Nobles due to time issues it'll be on Sarlona and probably after the month end.

Inchoroi

Explorer
I admit to being piqued. I just wish there was an adventure path that I could run that highlighted all the juicy good parts about Eberron, as I do not have time any more to brew my own campaigns.

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement1

Latest threads

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4