Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in December on DMs Guild in PDF and hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

He's also started a series of blog posts now that Rising from the Last War is out:

Last edited:

Comments

ChaosOS

Explorer
Awesome Blog so far, but i'm wondering if Exploring Eberron is going to detail out all the special materials form the previous editions. Crysteel, Byesk, etc...
I don't think so. To be honest I don't think 5e supports those systems very well - weapon rules are an inch deep, encumbrance is irrelevant, and generally speaking you don't get anything more meaningful than "caddy squire fetch me my nine iron silver longsword"

Vael

Adventurer
Ooooh, I had never considered the implications of persona's and romance. That is really interesting stuff.

And, you know someone made a play about it. Heck, I want to write a story about it now.
One of the reasons I love Eberron so much is that this isn't just a world I want to game in, it is a world I want to read and even possibly write stories for.

Chaosmancer

Adventurer
One of the reasons I love Eberron so much is that this isn't just a world I want to game in, it is a world I want to read and even possibly write stories for.
I haven't done a deep dive on it, but ever since I started playing a Sarlona Campaign as a member of the Summit Road I've been getting little pieces that are just so rich and interesting.

ChaosOS

Explorer

Keith Baker AKA Hellcow said:
Speaking of Exploring Eberron, I’m afraid that the release has been delayed. While we’ve already started layout and editing, holidays and a number of personal issues have delayed by work on the final chapter and I’m still getting it wrapped up. I will announce here as soon as I have a date I am confident in, but at this point I feel that it’s probably going to be a January 2020 release. I am as disappointed as anyone about this, but the Traveler had other plans.

In Our Store!

Advertisement

Latest threads

Advertisement