D&D General Keys from the Golden Vault look through.

dave2008

Legend
And is a different genre.

I'm not trying to yuck anyone's yum here, but heist adventures aren't just about the actual structure of the adventure, but the nature of what you're doing and why.

Ocean's 11 = heist

Mission: Impossible, although similar in structure != heist
Not IMO. I don't see a need to gatekeep the definition of a "heist" as you do. Heck, even the "Ocean" movies trailed away from making the heist simply about personal gain. There is no problem with running the type of heist you want (and many of the Adventures in Golden Vault can be run that way), but it also perfectly legitimate to run a different type of heist.

Not IMO. I don't see a need to gatekeep the definition of a "heist" as you do. Heck, even the "Ocean" movies trailed away from making the heist simply about personal gain. There is no problem with running the type of heist you want (and many of the Adventures in Golden Vault can be run that way), but it also perfectly legitimate to run a different type of heist.
Yeah, its an extremely common trope for the people carrying out a heist to be heroic. E.g. Tower Heist, Ant Man. And of course, the entire Mission Impossible TV series was a heist show.

Reynard

Legend
I'm not sure that is an appropriate use of "gatekeep" but otherwise I agree. A "heist" is an activity and is not defined by its motivation.

Emoshin

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Not all gold dragon's are lawful good: end of story. It is not that hard.
What you quoted, was in context of a lawful good gold dragon. If the dragon is not lawful good, then it's a different story.

It's not that hard for you to read what people write and respond in context. End of story.

Reynard

Legend
What you quoted, was in context of a lawful good gold dragon. If the dragon is not lawful good, then it's a different story.

It's not that hard for you to read what people write and respond in context. End of story.
It's also not that hard to realize people interpret alignments differently, often in the context of the creature, time, culture or genre at play. Lawful Good in a heist is very different than Lawful Good in an Arthurian romance.

Or, we just dump the stupid idea entirely and let players and GMs play the characters, creatures and organizations based on their motivations and ideals, bonds and flaws.

Emoshin

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
It's also not that hard to realize people interpret alignments differently, often in the context of the creature, time, culture or genre at play. Lawful Good in a heist is very different than Lawful Good in an Arthurian romance.
If I say X, then I know what I meant. If someone quotes me, and says actually it's Y, it's not hard to see these subjective interpretations being articulated as arguments.

Or, we just dump the stupid idea entirely and let players and GMs play the characters, creatures and organizations based on their motivations and ideals, bonds and flaws.
People have tried -- and failed -- to dump alignment in D&D for years.

Remove ads