Kholdstare's Scales of War 4E Campaign [IC]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Rhys has been letting the conversation wash over him as he sits and silently sips at his ale. He smiles contentedly as he takes in the comfort of the inn and the noises of the common room. But after a moment he notices that the group has turned their attention to him. He blinks for a moment, replaying the last question in his mind.

"Hmmm? Oh, me? No. I'm no practitioner of the arcane. I've become acquainted with some of the theory in my travels, though. Arcanists channel the magic of the world, shaping it as they wont, yes? And the priesthood serve as conduits for the divine powers, their prayers manifested. I'm something in between. Direct shaping of the raw powers of divine creation and destruction."

As he gets into his train of thought, his slightly vague demeanor slowly become more animated. Here is a man who has had a lot of time to think to himself, and not many people to share his thought with. As he trails off again, he holds up his hands as if to grasp at the power he describes. After a moment's reflection, he starts and turns back to the group.

"It's really quite fascinating."

Then another pause.

"I'm Rhys, by the way. Rhys Belloc."

Someone

Adventurer
my good friend Guardsergant Farmer here is a fine blade, and I believe you've some leave coming up, right Culth? The four of us could surely find some rewarding trouble to get into in a place like the Vale"

"Ha! I know better than to throw my life after some promise of gold and riches. Nay, I'm more useful here, where I can teach those knuckleheads what part of the spear ges into the enemy." yells Culth. "You remember the Red Hand? Well, I tell you that if something like that comes up again we'll be ready this time and won't have to rely on some band of unlikely heroes"

Theroc

First Post
"I'll hold you to that, Farmer." Bane said simply from his corner, looking up to meet the man's gaze. "I expect better performance than ten years ago..." He did not add anything further, though from the point at which he interjected and the content, one could logically assume that he lost something important at that time... and the guard failed to preserve it.

rb780nm

First Post
"Ahh, the red hand... If I'd been old enough to lift this," He indicates his sword, "or if I'd known how to play more than a few nursery rhymes on my whistles..." Cardamon trails off, a wistful expression on his face - clearly he fancies himself ready to form a new Diamond league at the slightest hint of adventure.

OOC: [MENTION=96085]Kholdstare[/MENTION]: The "Player's Background" I found listed the Diamond League as the default choice for the adventurers who beat the red hand - let me know if you're going with someone else and I'll edit

Snapping back to reality at the gruff words from across the room, he turns to the stranger - the attack on his friend's honor raising his hackles "Where you there then, friend?" he asks.

Theroc

First Post
Bane turned towards Cardamon. "Was I there? No. I was fighting abroad as I traveled, trusting my family's safety to the guard. I was very possibly dead when they were killed." His gaze met Cardamon's, violet lenses burning. "If I ever run into anyone responsible for my family's deaths... I'll kill them, and feed their souls to the Shadow. If the Red Hand manifests itself once more in Elsir Vale, I'll kill anyone who wears their banner..." The cloaked figure vanished from his seat, appearing behind Breena, then vanishing once more before appearing behind Farmer. "I'll shatter the Red Hand into a thousand pieces..."

He muttered before warping back behind Breena and returning to his seat. The display was perhaps a bit pointless, but he frequently felt compelled to draw on the shadow, to help bury his pain, to make him numb. "Bring me an ale, if you'd be so kind..." He called to the barkeep, returning to staring at the wooden table.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Rhys gaze suddenly turns intent at the stranger's display, although he seems more nonplussed by the brief glimpse under the hood than by watching the man teleport around the room. He holds out a hand out in front of Cardamon to forestall any response that might be forthcoming and steps forward to get a better look.

After a second glance, he turns to the bard, and noticing his own hand, draws it back. He meet's Cardamon's gaze and shakes his head slightly.

"Best to ignore that one. There is something deeply ... unatural about him."

OOC: Oooh boy, it's gonna be fun first time I 'Rebuke Undead'. ;)

drothgery

First Post
After a second glance, he turns to the bard, and noticing his own hand, draws it back. He meets Cardamon's gaze and shakes his head slightly.

"Best to ignore that one. There is something deeply ... unnatural about him."

"Yeah, I got that vibe, too." Breena added. "The only trick for teleporting I know is way too much work to fuss with in a bar."

rb780nm

First Post
Aware of the awkward silence that has fallen over the barroom, Cardamon brings his flute to his lips. After a couple of quick bars the locals recognize a favorite tune "Purging the Hand", a ballad about the heroes who did exactly that.

Remove ads