Defender of Oerth
Summary of the Campaign Thusfar:
1. The party came together quite by accident, just before dawn on Patchwall 9, CY 963, in a basement tavern known as The Godless Rogue.
2. There was a bar fight, in which many patrons, as well as the tavern owner himself, died as a result of swordplay. The party, of course, was swept up into the middle of it all.
3. Vega, the barmaid, joined the party, seeing no future for herself if things were left as-is.
4. The party meets Pallender Nightwind, and they are promised future employment.
5. The party decides to turn in Alec and Alwin for the bounty on their heads.
6. On their way to turn them in, the party encounters 5 pirate crewmen who are friends of Alec and Alwin; a brawl ensues, out in the open, on the streets of Dyvers!
7. The party spends a little time sorting things out, and talking to the city guard. They are introduced to Lieutenant Benquist, second-in-command of the Dyvers City Watch.
8. The party heads to Dewydd's mansion, Moresby Hall, just outside of the city proper, through the West Gate.
9. The party meets and befriends Sylvar Belanor, a wayward bard; Sylvar joins the party.
10. Vega tells her story. (See below.)
11. The party meets and befriends Lathir The Wild, a wandering druid. Lathir joins the party.
12. The party goes back to Dyvers on Sylvar's recommendation, to see if they can find members of The Seven of Steel, who have reportedly suffered badly in their recent expedition to the Village of Skorane.
13. The party finds the leader of the Seven, a Dwarf known as Maxwell Silverhammer. Maxwell shares his story with the party. (See below.)
14. The party decides to help escort Maxwell to the Village of Caltaran. Once there, they hope to recruit Vale Stonegallows to help them.
15. The party has two encounters on the way to Caltaran; the first is a pair of Manticores being ridden by Fiendish Orcs, wearing Pomarj insignia. The second is with a lone assassin named Vaelik The Deathblade, who was masquerading as Sheriff Denby Fairweather.
16. The party arrives in Caltaran, where they meet up with Vale Stonegallows, who offers to cast Speak With Dead, so that they can attempt to find out more about their slain enemies.