Kickstarter for Era of the Crusades - Historica Arcanum by Metis Media.

TheSword

Legend
What do people think of this? A diverse pool of creatives based in Instanbul. Respectful of the all cultures involved in the period. A fascinating period in history. Beautiful production values if it comes close to the previous Historica Arcanum work (City of Crescent). The art on the Kickstarter looks stunning.

I’m really excited by it. I don’t usually back kickstarters after having been burnt, but I think I’m going to have to break my rule!

A199B406-E848-41C1-8FBC-EDC40956D93E.png

Last edited:

Retreater

Legend
There's a nice, free preview on their website. Quickstart PDF of Historica Arcanum: Era of the Crusades | Metis Creative

Also, for the next 11 days, their previous PDFs are available on Bundle of Holding for $17.95 [which is a bargain compared to what I paid on their Kickstarters ;)] Historica Arcanum Bundle

Their books are beautifully constructed, created by diverse teams, and have very original and flavorful takes on the settings.

And let me give a rare moment of praise to a creative team in the gaming sphere. Metis Creative went above and beyond to fulfill their previous Kickstarter. Based in Turkey, they worked through the February earthquake. They kept their backers informed even when they feared the loss of their family and friends, apologizing for the slight disruption in the Kickstarter during a time of unimaginable hardship for their communities. They promoted charities (to which I donated).

I think you should have no worries that they will not give this product their all.

Edit: Even though I'm no longer actively running 5e, I had no hesitation in supporting this team in their latest Kickstarter.

What do people think of this? A diverse pool of creatives based in Instanbul. Respectful of the all cultures involved in the period. A fascinating period in history. Beautiful production values if it comes close to the previous Historica Arcanum work (City of Crescent). The art on the Kickstarter looks stunning.

I’m really excited by it. I don’t usually back kickstarters after having been burnt, but I think I’m going to have to break my rule!

View attachment 293262
It looks great. They have delivered two previous kickstarters so it is pretty safe.

Remove ads