I've backed 43 - 1 micro video game console, 2 kitchen things the wife wanted, and the rest are RPG or Board Games.
- Biggest thing - I need to know who the creator is - they have to be someone I've got stuff from before (even as a contributor do a different game system), a company I trust, or person that industry people say does good stuff.
- High quality product - if it's a book it needs to look nice, look sturdy, have good art and layout.
- I look at stretch goals, and part of my decision is based on them (the only reason that I look at "funded in 20 minutes" at all, is that implies momentum and likely lots of stretch goals to meet. I prefer stuff that is either in the main book (although I don't mind extra PDFs), I'm generally not into "bling". Just give me more of what I am paying for.
- Communication - I like daily or every other day emails while the kickstarter is going, and at least once a month after that.
- Price is a big factor too... or value maybe. Every RPG kickstart I've back comes with free PDF with physical book, and if you have to pay separate for them (unless the difference is like 5 bucks) I will not back it.