Kids D&D Intro Books: Young Adventurer's Guides

I've mentioned them before, but this is the first look at the covers of these Young Adventurer's Guides to D&D. There are also two more listed, Dungeons & Tombs, and Wizards & Spells, which don't have covers yet. Well, they probably do, but they're not viewable yet. These are by the same folks who published Art & Arcana last year.

9781984856401.jpg
9781984856425.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I really liked the Practical Guide series during 3.5/4E. I'm curious as to whether these will be in-character as well, or not.

My kids are just starting to get into D&D and I'll likely be picking these up either way.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
These sound interesting. I'd like to see one before buying them, but I think I know some younguns ready for these.

So, is there going to be be a book on clerics and a book on thieves? Maybe not, since teaching kids about being thieves and religious crusaders would be a bad PR move.

I can't help but think that the dungeon and monster guides should be read only if the kid doesn't have a game to play in. The most fun way to learn about dungeons and monsters is to encounter them yourself...

Are these rules specifically for younger players? If so I will definitely pick these up for my daughter. Shes still a little too young but I'm eating her into the game.

Mercurius

Legend
Amazon includes some actual pages to look at. They are nice products and I might pick them up, but I'm a bit disappointed as I originally thought this was a simplified form of the game that I could teach my daughters. It seems it is more of a picture book series, introducing the basic concepts but no actual rules. I was hoping for a "very basic D&D."

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases