Kill the Messengers... Thanks WotC!

vagabundo

Adventurer
The only way to get Encounters adventures is to attend Encounters and to DM the game. If they made it freely available on their site, that would undermine the purpose of Encounters: getting people into the game stores to help build community.

I highly doubt we'll see that happen.

They could be published after the encounters season is over. Maybe with a few months lag.

buddhafrog

First Post
Thanks for the OP. I've been disappointed with the standard D&D character sheet - and frankly baffled at why they didn't create something easier to use and easier on the eyes (I use Shado's Character Sheet). This encounter's character sheets are an interesting take and great for beginning players.

Festivus

First Post
I don't know. Having the physical product is always better to me. Plus you get the tokens and maps. Better than a PDF scan in my book.

While the poster maps are nice to have, they aren't essential, because they are all made from Dungeon Tiles and can be reproduced using those (in fact, I usually do that anyhow).

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
True. They do seem to have gone down a "everything is dungeon tiles" road lately.

Of course, that does give more incentive to buy the dungeon tiles.

"Now you can play DnD Encounters at home! You just need these four sets of dungeon tiles. Only 19.95 each!" They could get the sham-wow guy to do a comercial for it. hehe.

Jhaelen

First Post
Where are the proponents of Dungeon Tiles when you need them? ;)

When WotC didn't use the Dungeon Tiles for their adventures everyone was shouting for them to use them...

Remove ads