Kingdom Lost - Episode 2 "Department 7"

Tokiwong

First Post
JimAde said:
"All right, I'll talk to Sakura about the Pepperdine thing. I could do it myself, I guess, but she'd be better at it." Dexter looks at the clock. "Where is she, anyway? Taking the day off?"

"Anyway, if you want to pursue the new gig, I'm for it. Here's the info I've got," he adds handing over the notebook. "It's not much, but maybe enough to get started."
Alicia pipes up, “Well let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, before you start going headlong into the Pepperdine fiasco lets look at facts here. We are still running a business, and for all intents and purposes, no one is paying us for looking into Pepperdine, that is a personal project. As cool as it may or may not be, Miss Schultz is paying us for the job. It isn’t just a matter of your uncle’s reputation it is also money. We cannot forget that undeniable fact right?”

Selene shrugs, “You mean the Pepperdine thing isn’t an official job?”

Alicia looks over her paperwork, “Not that I can see, unless that changed?” she asks.

Sakura

Detective Rose is waiting right outside, “Sakura, need a ride to get your bike?” he says candidly, gesturing to his Mustang.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Alicia pipes up, “Well let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, before you start going headlong into the Pepperdine fiasco lets look at facts here. We are still running a business, and for all intents and purposes, no one is paying us for looking into Pepperdine, that is a personal project. As cool as it may or may not be, Miss Schultz is paying us for the job. It isn’t just a matter of your uncle’s reputation it is also money. We cannot forget that undeniable fact right?”

"I didn't forget, I just didn't bring it up," James cracks a witty smile, "Makes me feel pretty mercenary if it can all be boiled down to want of money, I just like the job itself. Not like I would've turned down Schultz's job anyway, unless it was impossible or close enough to it."

James flicks through the notebook.

"Hmm, fair enough," he says, "She didn't give us terribly much, wonder what that could imply. Nonetheless, we might as well start where he was last seen."

JimAde

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
"I didn't forget, I just didn't bring it up," James cracks a witty smile, "Makes me feel pretty mercenary if it can all be boiled down to want of money, I just like the job itself. Not like I would've turned down Schultz's job anyway, unless it was impossible or close enough to it."
Dexter sighs. "I suppose you guys are right, but if the cops are really operating without all the data they'll never catch this guy. Money's all well and good but we're talking about murder, here."

Festy_Dog said:
James flicks through the notebook.

"Hmm, fair enough," he says, "She didn't give us terribly much, wonder what that could imply. Nonetheless, we might as well start where he was last seen."
[OOC: Good plan, but I can't remember where that was and I'm having trouble finding the post. Reminder, please, Tokiwong? :)]

Tokiwong

First Post
JimAde said:
Dexter sighs. "I suppose you guys are right, but if the cops are really operating without all the data they'll never catch this guy. Money's all well and good but we're talking about murder, here."

[OOC: Good plan, but I can't remember where that was and I'm having trouble finding the post. Reminder, please, Tokiwong? :)]
The last place Rizzym was see, was at a club called Verve by a girl named Chloe.

Alicia nods, "Not trying to be mercernary, I just like having a paycheck. Plus we don't know what extent the police investigation is, if we get some info for them, then yeah lets pass it along."

Selene questions, "Well why do you guys need someone else on campus, I am already a student, I mean if you guys don't mind me helping out."

Shalimar

First Post
"Yea, thank you, it'd would have been a heck of a walk." Sakura tells him, "I need to get to work and tell them whats going on, and then I need to go talk to my mom, tell her whats up with everything." she explains. She rubs her arms in the chilly air conditioned air covering her tattoos, still cold from the blood on her.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"Yea, thank you, it'd would have been a heck of a walk." Sakura tells him, "I need to get to work and tell them whats going on, and then I need to go talk to my mom, tell her whats up with everything." she explains. She rubs her arms in the chilly air conditioned air covering her tattoos, still cold from the blood on her.
Darius smirks, "I wouldn't leave you out in the cold," he says opening the door for her. He sits in the seat and pulls out quickly, moving smoothly through the parking lot, "By the way, I couldn't help but hear the tale-end of your conversation, about my peculiar features."

He turns to her slowly, "Before you freak out, no it's real, it's well not as complicated as it looks. I am not exactly human, well okay I am not human at all, I am what a human calls an elf, we don't call ourselves that, but humans have decided to call us that, and well I don't see a need to try and teach you the correct way to say it, unless you really want to learn."

Detective Rose pauses focusing back on the road, "I am sorry about your brother, as well. But he was lucky, luckier then some," he gives a bitter look, "to lose a sibling is something I would not wish on anyone. The pain of the loss can be too great too bear..."

Shalimar

First Post
Sakura smiles at Darius, "Your an Elf and I'm a psychic, who am I to cast stones?" she asks jokingly. Settling into the car and buckling up, she was in the habit from her dad, and not buckling up in the car with a cop was rather silly if you didn't want a fine.

"I really would like to learn about Elves though, I think I just took a step into a very wide world with all this psychic stuff and Department 7, and I hate being out of the loop, so if your willing to teach me, I'll be a very good student, Scouts honor." she says holding up her hand, in a rough imitation of a scout sign.

"Did...did you lose a brother?" Sakura asks sympathetically, "I'm sorry if you don't want to talk about it, or even answer. I do know how lucky Koga was, if the guy wanted to kill him, he could have, me too, it was just the one shot, it could have been worse if he wanted it to be."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Selene questions, "Well why do you guys need someone else on campus, I am already a student, I mean if you guys don't mind me helping out."

James smiles.

"I thought it'd be a conflict of interest for you, investigating a friend and all, but if you really want to help then it's quite welcome. You'd probably be the safest means of getting information anyway," James says approvingly, "Do you know where to look to get the information we want?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Sakura smiles at Darius, "Your an Elf and I'm a psychic, who am I to cast stones?" she asks jokingly. Settling into the car and buckling up, she was in the habit from her dad, and not buckling up in the car with a cop was rather silly if you didn't want a fine.

"Will wonders ever cease," he says.

Shalimar said:
"I really would like to learn about Elves though, I think I just took a step into a very wide world with all this psychic stuff and Department 7, and I hate being out of the loop, so if your willing to teach me, I'll be a very good student, Scouts honor." she says holding up her hand, in a rough imitation of a scout sign.

"Well your first lesson is that we don't call ourselves elves, we call ourselves, Tellan Quessir, it means the Chosen People, in our language. It is what all elves ultimately refer themselves despite what branch they may belong too..." Darius quips.

Shalimar said:
"Did...did you lose a brother?" Sakura asks sympathetically, "I'm sorry if you don't want to talk about it, or even answer. I do know how lucky Koga was, if the guy wanted to kill him, he could have, me too, it was just the one shot, it could have been worse if he wanted it to be."

"A sister," he says grimly, "younger sister. It was about seven years ago, her murderer was never found. All the links I had pointed her back to Department 7..." he says with a sigh, "I don't know if they were behind it, but someone attached or close to them was involved..."

Dexter & James

Selene thinks, "Well sure, what kind of information you looking for, give me specifics."

JimAde

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Selene thinks, "Well sure, what kind of information you looking for, give me specifics."
"I don't know," Dexter says hesitantly. "Look, Selene, I appreciate the offer, but this is what we do for a living. If you want to help out, that's great, but I'd feel better if one of us was close by. Maybe you could work with Sakura." He thinks for a minute. "I know, why don't you just introduce her to Krista as a friend of yours? We don't even have to bother creating her as a student, I guess. She can just be around a lot, and say she has a different major. Pepperdine's a big place, it's not like Krista knows everybody on campus."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases