Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Adventure Path's Cover Art

Paizo has shared Wayne Reynolds’ cover art for the upcoming Kingmaker Adventure Path compilation which is coming later this year for Pathfinder 2E and D&D 5E. "Last year, we ran a crowdfunding campaign for a second edition version of one of our most popular Pathfinder Adventure Paths: Kingmaker. For several months, the task of gathering the text, generating new text, and tackling the initial...
Paizo has shared Wayne Reynolds’ cover art for the upcoming Kingmaker Adventure Path compilation which is coming later this year for Pathfinder 2E and D&D 5E.

"Last year, we ran a crowdfunding campaign for a second edition version of one of our most popular Pathfinder Adventure Paths: Kingmaker. For several months, the task of gathering the text, generating new text, and tackling the initial conversions from first to second edition Pathfinder (and fifth edition!) were in the hands of our partners over at Legendary Games, but now the entire project is in our hands and we’re finalizing the updates, developing and editing the text, and building up what’s going to be one of the largest projects we’ve ever attempted at Paizo. The adventure path compilation itself is the size of the second edition Core Rulebook`, and it’s only one of the books and support products we’ll be creating in the months to come!"

052620_Kingmakercoverart.jpg

TheSword

Legend
It is easily one of the more memorable APs. Is anyone going in on this who did in it PF1 and plan on doing it again? I am interested to know if people really want to do an AP twice.

I’m DMing for the second time at the moment about two thirds of the way through the first book with my own add ins from the Owlcat game. The extra content keeps it really fresh and I imagine will totally shake up the later books. Definitely a lot of fun running a second time.

To be fair the quality of a lot of the pathfinder APs and the fact that they can easily loose a few encounters and still be long mean they are ripe for conversion.

My grand opus will be rise of the Runelords and Return of the Runelords set in Eberron with The BBEG as giants of Xendric!

Inchoroi

Adventurer
I keep throwing my wallet at the screen but nothing is happening. Help.

Or even if they had some sort of equivalent of the DMSGuild and allowed for high quality 5E conversions by dedicated fans.

I don't think anything would stop you from forum posting a compilation conversion of an AP; I'd like to do that when I'm done with my conversions of Rise of the Runelords, et al. You'll just have to avoid including IP and obviously can't make money for it. Since I'm not getting paid to convert other stuff anymore, I wanted to go back to my first love which is Golarion.

I don't think anything would stop you from forum posting a compilation conversion of an AP; I'd like to do that when I'm done with my conversions of Rise of the Runelords, et al. You'll just have to avoid including IP and obviously can't make money for it. Since I'm not getting paid to convert other stuff anymore, I wanted to go back to my first love which is Golarion.

As long as it you don't try to sell it, the Community Use Policy would allow it.

Reynard

Legend

I unfortunately don't know PF well enough to convert to D&D. We played it for a couple years but never to particularly high level.

Inchoroi

Adventurer
As long as it you don't try to sell it, the Community Use Policy would allow it.

I unfortunately don't know PF well enough to convert to D&D. We played it for a couple years but never to particularly high level.

Yep, that's what I figured. At some point in the next 12-15 months I'll post a PDF with all the monsters and magic items from Runelords. Hopefully someone else will get a use out of it! The plan is to run Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Shattered Star, and Return of the Runelords all in sequence with, hopefully, the same players. An epic cycle, as it were.

I also want to convert (and fix) and run Mummy's Mask, along with possibly War of the Crown (although I've not read that one yet, just the synopsis; haven't gotten around to buying it); Extinction Curse because dinosaurs and Agents of [whatever it was] Watch, the newest one coming out, are also on the list because I have a soft spot in my heart for mysteries, much to my player's annoyance.

EDIT: My brain brained wrong.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Yep, that's what I figured. At some point in the next 12-15 months I'll post a PDF with all the monsters and magic items from Runelords. Hopefully someone else will get a use out of it! The plan is to run Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Shattered Star, and Return of the Runelords all in sequence with, hopefully, the same players. An epic cycle, as it were.

I also want to convert (and fix) and run Mummy's Mask, along with possibly War of the Crown (although I've not read that one yet, just the synopsis; haven't gotten around to buying it); Extinction Curse because dinosaurs and Agents of [whatever it was] Watch, the newest one coming out, are also on the list because I have a soft spot in my heart for mysteries, much to my player's annoyance.

EDIT: My brain brained wrong.

How big of a swing are the DCs over the course of the APs? I've heard for PF1 just half it and add 4 or 5 and that'll get one in the neighborhood, for converting to 5e (added after the fact as it might not have been clear)

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads