Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Preorders Open

Including the Pathfinder 2E version of the classic adventure path, along with bestiaries which enable you to use the AP with both Pathfinder 1E and with D&D 5E, Paizo has opened pre-orders for a revised version of its most popuar campaign. In addition, you can pick up kindom management tools map packs, and pawns, with 13 products in total available. September 22, 2022 (REDMOND, Wash.) –...

Including the Pathfinder 2E version of the classic adventure path, along with bestiaries which enable you to use the AP with both Pathfinder 1E and with D&D 5E, Paizo has opened pre-orders for a revised version of its most popuar campaign. In addition, you can pick up kindom management tools map packs, and pawns, with 13 products in total available.

1505396_pzo2020pf2kingmakeradventurepathhc1200.jpg

September 22, 2022 (REDMOND, Wash.) – Paizo Inc., publisher of the Pathfinder and Starfinder Roleplaying games, has opened preorders for the massive Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path suite of products at PathfinderKingmaker.com. The set presents a full-length campaign that chronicles the rise of a new nation—a kingdom built and ruled by the player characters—and contains 13 products with over 1000 pages of expanded and updated tabletop roleplay game adventure material based on the Pathfinder First Edition Kingmaker Adventure Path and the Owlcat computer game adaptation. It will be available to purchase on October 26 at game and bookstores worldwide and at paizo.com.

Over a decade ago, the Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path helped lead the way with an open-ended "sandbox" style adventure that encouraged exploration and conquest in a rugged wilderness. Its open-world narrative and kingdom-building elements gave players and Game Masters unparalleled freedom to explore and shape the world with their heroic actions. It became one of the best-selling and most beloved campaigns in Pathfinder's history.

In past years, Paizo published hardcover collections of the popular Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne campaigns, returning beloved out-of-print favorites updated with new bridging material, new illustrations and maps, errata, and numerous additional improvements. This release brings Kingmaker into the same fold, bigger and better than ever before.

The expansion includes content from Owlcat Games’ best-selling computer game adaptation of the Kingmaker campaign added new adventures, new mysteries, and more than a dozen new companions to accompany the players as they expand their holdings from a single fortress to a burgeoning empire.

This multi-product release includes Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path, a massive new deluxe limited-edition hardcover compilation updated to the latest Pathfinder rules. The Kingmaker Companion Guide presents seven fully detailed companions inspired by the Kingmaker video game, ready to provide all sorts of assistance, each accompanied by a fully detailed personalized adventure to go along with their story. The Kingmaker Bestiary 1st Edition and Kingmaker Bestiary 5th Edition help those who prefer to convert the adventure to their games. The suite includes many additional accessories to enhance play!

Players can find detailed descriptions on each product on the site:
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (First Edition) (P1)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (Fifth Edition) (5E)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Screen (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Tracker (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Pawn Box
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Campsite Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Noble Manor Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path River Kingdoms Ruins Multi-Pack
Soon, you can face off against bands of bloodthirsty bandits, deadly and dangerous monsters, and mysterious menaces from other realities as you fight to claim the Stolen Lands as your own. Will you rule with justice and mercy, or will you become the very monsters you fought to oppose? In the Kingmaker Adventure Path, the destiny of the world’s newest nation is yours to decide!

Preorder today at PathfinderKingmaker.com.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Yes, what @payn says above. Typical APs are $25 per book, with 6 books in the series == $150. This is cheaper for only $99. It's only $150 if you also want either the 5e or PF1e bestiaries.

Sadly, pdfs will be a separate purchase.

Thinking real hard about this one. Maybe will buy later as my other campaign comes towards a close...

Tutara

Adventurer
I was running Kingmaker (converted to 5E) when the pandemic hit (and when this was first floated as something people could buy). Nearly three years later, I don't think I will re-up my cancelled order. The group found the campaign as written to be clunky and poorly paced, and while we really enjoyed the bits up to getting control of the kingdom everything after fell well short. A lot of filler, villains with no background or foreshadowing, and an absurd insistence that the rulers of a kingdom should continue to go on dungeon and hex crawls. Also the fact that the series seems to overly rely on sending in a force of level-appropriate giants to invade whenever things drag.

We loved the concept, we hated the execution. You get a lot for $100, but you're getting quantity, not quality in my opinion.

I was running Kingmaker (converted to 5E) when the pandemic hit (and when this was first floated as something people could buy). Nearly three years later, I don't think I will re-up my cancelled order. The group found the campaign as written to be clunky and poorly paced, and while we really enjoyed the bits up to getting control of the kingdom everything after fell well short. A lot of filler, villains with no background or foreshadowing, and an absurd insistence that the rulers of a kingdom should continue to go on dungeon and hex crawls. Also the fact that the series seems to overly rely on sending in a force of level-appropriate giants to invade whenever things drag.

We loved the concept, we hated the execution. You get a lot for $100, but you're getting quantity, not quality in my opinion.
Do you normally like sandbox adventures in the OS vein? If not, then it’s perhaps not surprising this didn’t scratch your itch.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

Hmm, not my experience at all. I was a player though, and my GM executed it very well. He did make a few comments about adjusting a thing or two, but said he was mostly faithful to the content.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm looking forward to the 1E iteration of the Bestiary, myself. Technically speaking, it'll be the tenth and final bestiary product in the 1E line (the six hardcover bestiaries, the Inner Sea Bestiary, the Occult Bestiary, and the oft-forgotten Bonus Bestiary, which was a Free RPG Day product back in 2009).

Tutara

Adventurer
Do you normally like sandbox adventures in the OS vein? If not, then it’s perhaps not surprising this didn’t scratch your itch.
We enjoyed the sandbox hexcrawl - it was the clunky marriage to a strategic ruler sim we found less enjoyable.
Hmm, not my experience at all. I was a player though, and my GM executed it very well. He did make a few comments about adjusting a thing or two, but said he was mostly faithful to the content.
When we discussed whether or not to continue playing the series, the only things my players had enjoyed were the things I had put in myself. Hard to discuss specifics without spoilers, though. Different strokes, I guess.

Edit: Probably worth underlining that this campaign was torpedoed by lockdown, so there may well be an element of bitter grapes here. That said, I still feel it is a pretty flawed campaign.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads