Pathfinder 1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land

Nagoby

Explorer
After Shillaadrini speaks in earshot of the bandits, Emudre goes over to the two bandits and looks at them closely "Although I have advocated for some degree of leniency myself, I am just one member of a team, and my allies have decided that one of you should live to make restitution and one should die as an example. Who do you choose, and how will you make restitution should you be chosen as the survivor?"

She speaks gently but firmy.

OOC: I'm assuming Shillaadrini's plan by allowing them to hear his words is to create an opportunity for a good cop/bad cop situation.

She studies the bandits facial expressions and response carefully.

OOC: Sense motive 1D20 + 7 = 24

Diarmadhim

Explorer
The woman continues to hurl curses and insults at you all. The man that didn't speak earlier continues to hold his tongue, his eyes downcast. It appears he has accepted his fate. The pockmarked man thinks for a moment and says, "You should let the boy live. He's a good lad, just trying to make money to send to his family. Just joined the wrong line of work out of desperation from what I've gathered." The younger man starts to interject, "Tha-" "Shut up son. These folk seem to be authentic authorities sent here. If you want to survive to see your family, do what they say and find a more honest line of work." He sniffs and then holds himself a little more upright, "There. Let it not be said I've never done an honorable thing in my life. It's a far better thing than I've ever done before. It's about time I know a good rest. Don't take it from me," he finishes in a whisper. With that, he nods at you all and falls silent. You detect neither lie nor malice behind his words.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek says, “Emmie, ask your goddess to show you the true nature of their hearts. We should not lift our blades an inch nor touch our ropes before this is done.”

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre says to Sarvek "I can mediate at dawn tomorrow, and ask for this assistance. But," she says softly to ensure the bandits can't hear, "I believe I have learned what I need to know. The young man is barely more than a boy and deserves a second chance. And the older man - he has some genuine goodness in his heart, and an honor that many people in better situations lack. Kressle, however," she pauses and shakes her head, "I can't find anything good in her character."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini nods at Edmure last words. He quickly walks to Kressel, draws his sword, and swings it at her neck. He may yet lack the skill or strength to take a head in a single blow, but a couple of extra whacks ought to do it. He picks up the head by its hair and drops it by his horse, calming the animal and telling him to be easy.

He then returns and strips the armor from the body and any weapons, trinkets, or valuables, leaving the body wear it lies for the coyotes and vultures. He mumbles under his breath, ~Justice and rule of law are not the same thing. I hate Rule of Law.~

Aloud, he says,"Justice is served. What for the others, now?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sarvek looks on with indifference; to him, death is death, whether it come from rope or sword; he repeats his sentiment about alignment detection for the purposes of deciding between the last three prisoners, but aside from that, he remains silent.

Last edited:

Nagoby

Explorer
Emudre gasps, but quickly collects herself. She replies to Sarvek, "I will meditate at down tomorrow, and seek divine guidance on the character of these two. However, until I have additional insight, I am inclined to allow them both to live. Should we begin our journey back to Oleg's? Or first try to track the bandit who escaped?"

Addressing the two remaining prisoners, she brings them water and inquires about their names. To the young man she says, "If you are allowed to live, would you take up an apprenticeship for five years of training? Learning a trade will allow you to begin to pay back for the harm you have caused."

Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
While Shillaadrini's strength is only slightly above that of an average man, the elf wields a long two-handed sword. Shaped much like a scimitar, its blade is thinner and flexible. Taking a moment to study his quarry, he puts all of his strength behind a precise blow to her neck.

[sblock=Kressle Fort Save]1d20+5, can only save on a nat 20 due to DC 28 Coup De Grace. 17, failed.[/sblock]

The strike is merciful and results in a quick death as Kressle's head comes cleanly off. The younger bandit stares with his mouth agape. The pockmarked bandit winces and averts his eyes. The silent bandit whimpers but otherwise remains silent.

The pockmarked man speaks up after taking a moment to collect himself. "You keep referring to 'these two,' and I can only assume you mean the lad and I... What do you intend for the quiet guy there? I've never heard him actually speak either and people often forget he's even around. I grew up a street urchin and have only ever known banditry. Not sure I'd be of much use doing anything. Never really been the useful sort."

The silent man merely shrugs and keeps his head bowed.

The younger man responds dejectedly, "Apprenticeships cost a premium. I don't have that kind of money... It's why I turned to this to help my family."

Remove ads