Pathfinder 1E Kingmaker: Stolen Land

Gafgarionn

First Post
Kuvarious looks at our group with anticipation, waiting to get out into the real world and roam.
I turn to the group, "We gonna be getting some exploring done. Everyone have horses outside? What's everyone hoping to find out there? I'm hoping for treasure, a tale, and a little bit of glory."

Last edited by a moderator:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Lord Mayor Sellemius smiles. “Each of the groups will be going to different regions of the Stolen Lands. Your group is charged with exploring, mapping, and taming the region known as the Greenbelt. The others were given charters for the Glenebon Uplands, Nomen Heights, and the Slough. It is highly unlikely that your groups will run into each other, but the possibility is there if you happen to be exploring bordering regions at the same time, I suppose.”

When you check your maps with the one in the scroll, they appear to be the same.

Sellemius chuckles at Sarvek's words and the steward jots down a note. “How perceptive of you. We will take measures to improve it.”

Nodding, the Lord Mayor replies to Shillaadrani, “This is not a command, but rather an offer. We are only concerned in you exploring, mapping, and taming the region. Any treasure, or spoils, you find are yours for the keeping as means of payment. The Swor-” he pauses as the steward coughs gently by his side. “The Sworn Regent of the realm would normally claim a percentage of all findings, but that has been waived for expediency and as a sign of good faith since these tasks come with no small measure of risk.”

At Kuvarious and Alexis' words, the Lord Mayor raises his hand slowly. “Good luck in your endeavors. I would suggest you use Oleg's Trading Post as your base of operations. Its location is marked on your map. He is a good man, if surly, and his wife Svetlana a charming woman. We have actually had several requests recently for reinforcements to the fort, passed to us by trappers and hunters that traverse that region. We plan to send guards soon, but are awaiting permission to draft the orders. Fare well.” With that, the steward ushers you out of the room. The doors close behind you.

Gafgarionn

First Post
"Thank you, Lord Mayor and I look forward to our journey." I share the pleasantries before catching up to Sarvek, and heading to the stables as well.

Last edited:

Nagoby

Explorer
Kuvarious looks at our group with anticipation, waiting to get out into the real world and roam.
I turn to the group, "We gonna be getting some exploring done. Everyone have horses outside? What's everyone hoping to find out there? I'm hoping for treasure, a tale, and a little bit of glory."

Emudre smiles cheerfully but answers rather vaguely. "Those of us who are followers of Desna embrace exploration. My horse is waiting impatiently outside."

After taking leave of the Lord Mayor and his steward, Emudre compares the maps.

When you check your maps with the one in the scroll, they appear to be the same.

She pauses, thoughtfully, then looks at each of the other group members. Her eyes rest on Sarvek, and she hands him one of the maps. "I want you to hold on to this. If our group is ever separated or our belongings lost or stolen, it will be better if each of us is carrying a map."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Shillaadrini nods his affirmation and turns on the balls of his feet to follow on the heels of Sarvek. As he retrieves his horse, he asks of the group,

"So, any preliminary plan of action?"

Nagoby

Explorer
Shillaadrini nods his affirmation and turns on the balls of his feet to follow on the heels of Sarvek. As he retrieves his horse, he asks of the group,

"So, any preliminary plan of action?"

Emudre says "I'm prepared to leave tomorrow morning, if you are all ready. But let's enjoy this evening and share a pitcher or two of wine in the tavern.... it would be a pleasure to enjoy a drink with all of you before our journey starts. Perhaps we can learn some news or gossip regarding Oleg's Trading Post or our journey ahead."

OOC: Emudre will pay for all the drinks. GM please let me know how much to deduct from my character sheet. Diplomacy check to gather information at the tavern d20 + 10=18.

Diarmadhim

Explorer
After information gathering, Emudre is reminded that Oleg's Trading Post has been requesting for guards to be stationed there. There seems to be talk of bandits becoming more and more of an issue in the area, but no one has firsthand knowledge of the situation.

25 Calistril, 4710

Rising early, the group breaks their fast and heads west out of Restov. Following the South Rostland Road, you make good time toward your destination of Oleg's Trading Post. A little under half a day's ride, the party spots a wooden palisade ahead. Set along the northeastern bank of the Shrike River, you recognize the village as Nivakta's Crossing, the southernmost village in Rostland. As you get closer, you spot a low bridge that allows access over the river to the southern wilderness. On the southwestern side of the bridge lies well-manned guard towers. While riding through town, you hear whispers of it being odd that four well-armed groups have ridden through town within a day of each other in addition to speculation, some of it rather preposterous, as to what the reason might be. The citizenry seem sturdy, down to earth, and serious to a fault. A street urchin informs the party that one group headed south and the other two continued west. His father confirms the information and adds that the regions they are purported to be going to have no civilized areas to his knowledge.

Near the end of the first day, you spot a wooden fort in the distance. Hustling your mounts, you make it there, only to find that it has been abandoned. Upon further inspection, you determine that it was abandoned in a swift but orderly manner. Orders are found in one of the buildings, recalling the soldiers and scouts stationed in Fort Serenko to Restov, due to “growing tensions between Rostland and Issia.” With the sun setting, the party decides the vacated fort would make an excellent resting point for the night.

26 Calistril, 4710

Waking up the next morning, you break camp and continue your journey west. Your quiet ride is broken by the sound of low-pitched grunts and angry squeals. To your left, you see four boar near the water's edge. It is quite obvious that they see you too! What do you do - will you ride hard and fast from the threat? Or do you brave the encounter?

Last edited:

Remove ads