Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lorien watches in horror as Quinn divides the creature not once but twice. His memory flashes back to his childhood.

OOC: [MENTION=27761]Blackrat[/MENTION], you can choose to have Lorien react however you like.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"What in the 9 hells is going on!!" exclaims the warrior.

[sblock=quinn's other response]in the words of the great philosopher Homer Simpson, "D'Oh!!"[/sblock]

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth Heart-of-Oak

"That did not help," Caerth says, indicating the attacks that have split the ooze into smaller foes. The half-orc hesitates, obviously not knowing how best to proceed. Of course he knew about fungi and molds, but rarely has the druid seen so many huddled together; never has Caerth encountered anything like the ooze, so he is thinking hard on his lessons, trying to recall any particulars about this foe. Eventually he reaches for his massive longbow, drawing an arrow and preparing to shoot if an opening presents itself in the narrow space. "Can someone set those things on fire or something?"

OOC: Readying an attack, to shoot any ooze within line of sight that is not in melee with allies.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar steps forward and casts scorching ray. Two fiery rays flash out to strike the ooze engulfing it in flames just before Quinn's spiked chain trisects the ooze.

"What in the 9 hells is going on!!" exclaims the warrior.

"That did not help," Caerth says, indicating the attacks that have split the ooze into smaller foes. The half-orc hesitates, obviously not knowing how best to proceed. Of course he knew about fungi and molds, but rarely has the druid seen so many huddled together; never has Caerth encountered anything like the ooze, so he is thinking hard on his lessons, trying to recall any particulars about this foe. Eventually he reaches for his massive longbow, drawing an arrow and preparing to shoot if an opening presents itself in the narrow space. "Can someone set those things on fire or something?"
Phar says to Quinn, "Your chain won't hurt it. Sharp weapons will just split this ooze in half. Hit it with something blunt. Watch out for its acid. They will try to engulf you, Quinn." (Phar warns Aureus as well.)

Phar nods to Lorien and Caerth, "No electricity magic. It will also split the ooze. It's called and Ochre Jelly. And Caerth, don't shoot it, no, them with your bow. The arrows will do the same thing. as the Quinn's spiked chain."

OOC: Phar > Scorching Rays = 4d6=9 and 4d6=12 | I'm not sure if [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] had used up all Phar's scorching ray spells for the day or not, but I'm going to assume Phar has at least one memorized of the three listed on the character sheet. Scotley, is that right?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Quinn the monster multiplier

Quinn grunts in dissatisfaction, turns around and finds some rotted bed parts that should make f for a sub-optimal quarterstaff, shrugs and prepares to return to the fight.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Don't shoot" Lorien snaps to Caerth. "Nothing sharp" He adds to Phar's comment and pokes his hand through the mouth of his backpack. He himself wasn't prepared for this, but he had something he could use. He pulls out a short metal club that has a heatless flame flickering on one end and tries to pummel one ooze with it while Quinn hurries past him.

Ooc: So, a torch can be used as improvised weapon, and everburning torch is treated like a normal torch in every way except it doesn't burn. Since torch does damage equal to gauntlet of same size plus 1 fire, I'd quess that means same to everburning except no fire. 1d3 damage it is :D

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth moves to the ancient bed and attempts to create a staff out of a piece of bedframe.

Ooc: Did it work? Can i edit again?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
| I'm not sure if [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION] had used up all Phar's scorching ray spells for the day or not, but I'm going to assume Phar has at least one memorized of the three listed on the character sheet. Scotley, is that right?

OOC: Was saving that for a special occasion and I believe this is definitely it. He is running low on spells though.

Scotley

Hero
Phar reaches back to his pack and pull out a torch. He shakes his head, clearly unhappy at the prospect of going into battle with such an improvised weapon. "Maybe those old human wizards with their staffs were on to something..." he mutters to no one in particular.

Remove ads