• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn watchs from above as his companions fail to make the climb. The rope seems to slide out of the half-orc's hnds as he tries to find a toehold. Lorien gets part of the way up before nearly falling on Caerth.

OOC: [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], Lorien cannot try again. He'll need to get pulled up by Quinn (and/or the others).

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth is no longer grinning. "Harder than it looks," he states matter-of-factly.
Quinn looks looks down at Caerth with a look on his face that seems to suggest he'd be willing to pull him and the elven bard up.

OOC: Caerth can try again with a "Take 10" since his bonus is high enough to reach DC 12.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Motioning for the bard to join him, Caerth grabs hold of the rope and carefully climbs up a bit to make room for Lorien. Once he is confident the elf has a good grip, the large half-orc motions to Quinn to pull them upwards.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Quinn looks at those who fell, shaking his head.

"Phlan told us to be careful. No one teach you to climb?" He asks incredulously. He pulls out his spiked chain ready for ay thing foolish enough to attack them.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Motioning for the bard to join him, Caerth grabs hold of the rope and carefully climbs up a bit to make room for Lorien. Once he is confident the elf has a good grip, the large half-orc motions to Quinn to pull them upwards.

Quinn looks at those who fell, shaking his head.

"Phlan told us to be careful. No one teach you to climb?" He asks incredulously. He pulls out his spiked chain ready for any thing foolish enough to attack them.
Phar moves next to Quinn, being careful of his footing, and looks down to Caerth and Lorien. He notes that the half-orc is motioning for he and Quinn to pull him up. "Can you put that away and help me pull them up?" He turns to Aureus and speaks to her in their shared pidgin. "Make sure the rope secure."

Aureus points to the ceiling of the room. The magical rope has coiled itself around a large wooden beam that Phar hadn't noticed.

Phar looks down to Caerth. "I think we should do this one at a time. It might be too much weight, even for Quinn."

OOC: EDIT: Unneeded. Phar tries to use Aid Another (DC 10) to help Quinn pull Caerth and Lorien up the wall. | Phar's Strength check > 1d20=8 (Failure.)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn waits until Caerth is secured to the rope and then he pulls the half orc up with ease. He lowers it for Lorien who looks like he's going to try to climb up on his own again.

ooc: I was under the impression we had already helped them up.
OOC: Ah, sorry. That's not how I read it. Regardless, Blackrat had me roll to have Lorien climb up. He made it, after several tries.

Scott DeWar

Quinn waits until Caerth is secured to the rope and then he pulls the half orc up with ease. He lowers it for Lorien who looks like he's going to try to climb up on his own again.

OOC: Ah, sorry. That's not how I read it. Regardless, Blackrat had me roll to have Lorien climb up. He made it, after several Humorous tries.

FIFY

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Lorien grunts as he lands on Caerth and twists his ankle. He lets Quinn pull Caerth up and tries again. Getting again halfway up Lorien's hand slips and he comes down. With no-one in the way the elf graciously rolls to the side and stands up. Not about to give up, Lorien takes a running leap but fails to grab the rope entirely. He once again lands without harm. "One more time" he mumbles, Quinn probably the only one who can hear. He runs the first few feet up the wall, grabs the rope and keeps his momentum as he swings himself over the edge. "Yeah, never needed to climb really." Lorien answer Quinn's earlier question.

Scott DeWar

With all of the failed attempts and comedic bumbling, Quinn is at his wits end to not burst into gales of laughter. He is in tears and grins from the effort of not laughing, however.

Remove ads