Kobold Hall White Dragon Battle Remix

Foxen

First Post
My seven player lv2 party of uber stat characters have bashed their way through the ancient monestary ruins overrun by the vile Skrunk, leader the Skullkicker Kobolds, and his wickedly demented kobold minions. We ended as the Wyrmpriest Orag fled behind the curtains through a not-so-secret door...and they are about to face....the real threat, the dinky lv3 White Dragon babe who has a few tricks up her sleeve (or scales?).

Here's my revision on the white dragon encounter of Kobold Hall...which I'll be running either sometime this weekend or on Monday. The party is quite ABOVE average and has developed a synergy with seven players (possibly eight). So I decided to beef up the dragon encounter just a little... Although most characters have burned through their dailies, they just finished a milestone and recieved a new action point and most have half their healing surges remaining.

Lloristhe, the White Dragon Babe and her Icy Lair
This white dragon has found a very unique locale, deep in the bowels of an abandoned monestary lies a ice elemental rock, that eminates coldness. As the party descends into her lair...they must cross an "ice bridge" over a pond of freezing cold water that covered about the first fourth of the cavern. The ice bridges connects to solid ground, which is covered in knee deep snow. In the middle of the snow strewn cavern is a huge ice block that glows a pale blue...deep within lies the icy elemental rock. Lining the upper reaches of the cavern walls are several small cavesmouths (about 4-5 feet in diameter)....and there is one much larger cavemouth at the back of the cavern.

Lloristhe is a standard lv3 Young White Dragon in the MM. I may increase her attack to hits and maybe add a few moer hitpoints, but I'm not sure.

Within the cave, she'll have two Spitting Drakes that pop in and out of the smaller holes that line the cavern. Each cave mouth is about ten to fifteen feet high...and the drakes will dart in and out of the caves to better position themselves. Instead of spitting acid, the drakes will be spitting frost attacks instead.

Somewhere within the cave are two psuedodragons...or psuedo "ice dragons". They will be flying in and out of the cave mouths, hiding coming out for quick fly-by attacks against the party.

Once the party reaches the snowbank, a needleswarm drake thing will pop out of the snow and attack the first character that reaches a certain spot on the map...one, I think, is enough.

I believe, way back in the cavern, two guardian drake also lie in wait...

Lastly...the young white dragon will do several things to ruin the party. She may attempt to destroy the ice bridge and drop characters into the icy cold water. Once the players reach the big ice block in the center (or at least below it), she'll drop rocks (that she stored up top the block) onto the characters. And lastly, she "may" knock some of the icicles down onto the party...

Special conditions...

Because of the extreme cold, all characters are -2 to attack. At lv2, and with uber stat-line, this should even a few things out.

Once the PCs are in the knee deep snow, they hit not only difficult terrain, but also grant combat advantage.

Also, if the PCs fall in the ice water, they suffer d6 cold damage per turn while in the water, and d6 cold damage per turn after (save ends).

I think this should be an interesting "boss" fight for the party, as most encounters ranged from easy to challenging...but this should be "hard" for the party, especially with the added conditions.

Let me know what you think...and if ya'll are interested, I'll post what happens. And yes, I am suspending "reality" as all of Lloristhe reptile minions are "ice lizards" and totally love the cold. Don't ask.

Fox

Remove ads