D&D 5E Kobolds are also from the Feywild now?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Sure. But the issues with either can be solved separately, that is my point. I can solve the issue with combat time regardless of whether or not I do any thing with the grid

i know because we did!
I'm sure with sufficient work, it can be solved. With 5E, however, no extra work is needed, it comes solved Iim the books already.

Don't underbelly the coherence of the system: it worked together as a solid unit.

The problem was a lack of consideration of user desires: at least, that was Mearls post-mortem, and acting on that idea worked wonders.
I'm sure with sufficient work, it can be solved. With 5E, however, no extra work is needed, it comes solved Iim the books already.
Not much work actually. Like I said, we use the same rule in 5e that we started in 4e: limit a players turn to 30seconds. That is to resolve the whole action: determine what you are doing, roll to hit, roll for damage. 30 seconds - that is it. Make the game more fun and fast.

Hussar

Legend
." Except for Hussar, who's seems proudly vocal about it, there haven't been too many people displaying actual schadenfreude here.

Yeah you’re probably right. I’m being a bit of a dick about it.

But you’ll note that I never bring it up unless someone starts telling all and sundry that the game is being ruined for not adhering to canon.

You just see me stepping up a lot because that little gem surfaces in pretty much every song discussion.

Often there is no explanation. I mentioned all the Star Trek stuff (remember when the crew of Voyager got taken to Earth in the 90s and what should have been the middle of the Eugenics War?) because I know that better than Marvel and Star Wars, but I know that things in all those fandoms were rewritten and handwaved away or even lampshaded.

Eugenics Wars thing is actually pretty hilarious, and timing for it has been contradictory at least since the Wrath of Khan, and made even worse by introduction of World War III by TNG. Like I recently noted on another forum, all of this is canon:

1) Eugenics Wars were the last human world war.
2) Eugenics Wars happened in the 1990's.
3) Eugenics Wars happened two centuries ago from 2260s.
4) World War III took place in the mid 21st century.

All of these literally cannot be true at the same time! o_O :ROFLMAO:

Faolyn

(she/her)
Eugenics Wars thing is actually pretty hilarious, and timing for it has been contradictory at least since the Wrath of Khan, and made even worse by introduction of World War III by TNG. Like I recently noted on another forum, all of this is canon:

1) Eugenics Wars were the last human world war.
2) Eugenics Wars happened in the 1990's.
3) Eugenics Wars happened two centuries ago from 2260s.
4) World War III took place in the mid 21st century.

All of these literally cannot be true at the same time! o_O :ROFLMAO:
Once upon a time, I heard the acronym YATSU--Yet Another Trek Screw-Up.

I love the franchise, but there's basically no point in trying to find consistency, even within an individual show.

Voadam

Legend
Once upon a time, I heard the acronym YATSU--Yet Another Trek Screw-Up.

I love the franchise, but there's basically no point in trying to find consistency, even within an individual show.
Sure there is. It is a question of whether you consider it one setting/continuity with some mistakes or if each element (say episodes within an individual show) is its own unique continuity so the contradictions between episodes are not mistakes but the other episodes can also not be generally relied upon to inform you about a common background setting.

There might not be a point to expecting that a continuity for a multi-author sprawling shared world continually expanding and developing background will be flawlessly executed without any contradictions, but that is different than saying a shared world continuity has no continuity.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Sure there is. It is a question of whether you consider it one setting/continuity with some mistakes or if each element (say episodes within an individual show) is its own unique continuity so the contradictions between episodes are not mistakes but the other episodes can also not be generally relied upon to inform you about a common background setting.

There might not be a point to expecting that a continuity for a multi-author sprawling shared world continually expanding and developing background will be flawlessly executed without any contradictions, but that is different than saying a shared world continuity has no continuity.
Mostly I mean, I just watch and enjoy. I don't really care about following a strict timeline or even strict species biologies, because that way lies more annoyance than fun for me.

Remove ads