• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - OOC

Voda Vosa

First Post
Ohhhhkey.

I have a concept. I wanted a viking sage, equally capable of drawing the god's powers and chopping heads. Born in the day of the Curse, Olaf is able to wield the destructive power of doom. He does not hesitate to run into combat, armed with his leather armor and axe, as his brothers do, instead of unleashing the raw power of the curse upon his enemies.
So I think an hexblade would be good, but if I can take an axe instead of a blade.

pathfinderq1

First Post
I have two possible concepts for this- both are dwarves.

1. Druid (primal guardian); a wilderness scout from a clan that has always dwelt in out of the way places, more at home in the form of a massive badger. Sent by the clan elders to investigate dark omens. Mostly melee controller.

2. Warden (earthstrength); from a clan of miners in Durel-dor-shima, a blue-collar working-stiff whose folk have long worked deep inside the earth, Oscarl has always had a strong primal connection with the powers of stone and ice. After a series of accidents deep in the tunnels, he has been cast out, and now seeks to work as a hired sword. Melee defender.

Cor Azer

First Post
Ohhhhkey.

I have a concept. I wanted a viking sage, equally capable of drawing the god's powers and chopping heads. Born in the day of the Curse, Olaf is able to wield the destructive power of doom. He does not hesitate to run into combat, armed with his leather armor and axe, as his brothers do, instead of unleashing the raw power of the curse upon his enemies.
So I think an hexblade would be good, but if I can take an axe instead of a blade.

I wasn't, but I am now.

Yeah, that's a very likely route, though I wouldn't shy away from taking another race and working in some sort of curse that prevents me changing forms. Curses seem easy to come by in the Trollfed Aerie.

I have yet to find an instance where I said no to reflavouring or reskinning PC stuff, so I'd have no problem with Voda Vosa building a hexblade with an axe instead of a blade, or Pentius running a "fox spirit" cursed to hold another form.

Cor Azer

First Post
Ohhhhkey.

Note though, that assuming your phrase meant that Olaf was born the day the curse was... um... cursed... (ie, the day the Atheling and his family died), that was over 200 years ago. Doesn't rule out a PC being alive/born then, but might restrict the race.

Cor Azer

First Post
So, summing up PC concepts so far:

Walking Dad: dragonborn blackguard - samurai-ish...
twilsemail: tactical warlord (noble-ish...) or a telepath psion (noble...ish) or a boisterous bard (crude... ish)
Pentius: illusionist mage, charisma paladin, or invoker (moonlit madness)
Voda Vosa: hexblade with an axe... hexaxe... hexcleave?
pathfinderq1: dwarf druid or warden (mmm... earthy)
GROMkill: half orc defender or offense arcane guy

So... that doesn't narrow things down a whole lot, but I love all the brief ideas so far.

That's six!

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
I just wanted to hastily throw in that this sounds very enticing and that I am interested. I will post probably later tonight giving better details about what I'd prefer, but I will give a basic run-down really quick.

I am pretty inexperienced with 4e and D&D in general, so my character concepts, mechanic-wise, are very basic and straightforward, I guess.

I've been playing a warlord, and now an archer-ranger, as well as a pacifist cleric. If I could, I would love to play either a massive half-orc defender, maybe a fighter. Either that, or some type of offensive spell-caster, like a wizard or sorcerer.

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm split between two.

1.) Liosalfar Noble Warlord: As I said, I love me some TacLords. This will mostly work out if the Striker is adept at MBAs. Walking Dad , how does the Blackguard look for MBAs?

Not the best class for MAs (no powers that count as one or abilities that augment them), but not bad as he has Str as primary ability.

Also good at generating his own THP and using them to increase damage.

Remove ads