• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Koukonsögur - Saga of the Trollfed Aerie - OOC

Cor Azer

First Post
[MENTION=870]Cor Azer[/MENTION]; Do you have any fluff on the Tieflings or Dragonborn of Oka Kjurama?

Nothing too specific, because the last time I ran it, nobody was keen on either.

There was a small acting troupe of tieflings that got trapped in the Aerie decades ago, so there's not a large population of them. They're assimilating in, but I had left them a bit undeveloped so I could easily insert other cultural traits beyond the norse/japanese oned.

I only specified one significant dragonborn clan - an extended family between both Kjuriyo and Durel-dor-shima. A little bushido mixed with the wit/boasting/oath contests of the norse. I have the dwarves as the main miners, but also wanted a change from dwarves always being smiths, so I have the dragonborn working in tandem with the dwarves in that regard (fire breathing dragonborn working an anvil is a neat image in my mind)

Pentius

First Post
ETA: I've no experience with Runepriests. Does anyone else here have anything good or ill to say about them? From what I can tell, they make decent secondary leaders, but we've only got the one (I think). This does seem like the setting to play one, if one were going to.

I've played a Runepriest before. Wrathful Hammers can deal enough damage to make the Strikers jealous, be tough enough to take the heat that draws their way, they hand out bonuses like candy on halloween and they still give a few HPs out, if not quite as adeptly as other Leaders. On the other hand, they're probably the most complex/fiddly class in the game, it's easy to forget those bonuses without good reminders, and they really, really need WotC to give them some kind of support.

twilsemail

First Post
Alright, at this point Psion is out. I'm still looking at Warlord. Leader is my favorite role and Warlord is my favorite class.

That said, our only guy statted out ATM is apparently bad at MBAs. If we've got a Hexblade coming in, they're pretty spiffy at attacking things basically with melee weapons (well, a very specific melee weapon).

GROM's Fighter would probably also hold up fairly well, his caster not so much.

I'm going to roll up an Eladrin Noble TacLord. If he doesn't work out, I'll bring in a Cleric of some variety before we wind up IC. Still boastful, but in a divine kind of way...

pathfinderq1

First Post
So, what skill would best represent a basic knowledge of runes (academic, rather than actual using/working with them)? Runepriest base skill is religion, so that might work, but arcana could work as well? Any set info from the setting, or failing that, any opinion?

Pentius

First Post
Hmm, Cor, you mentioned that the last armored caravan was decades ago. Is that decades as in 20 years or decades as in 70 years ago? Also, do any small ones still run?

EDIT: Also, any more racial info you can give? Particularly for Deva or Gith? I've got something brewing, but I wanna get as much info out of you as I can first, heh.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

That said, our only guy statted out ATM is apparently bad at MBAs. If we've got a Hexblade coming in, they're pretty spiffy at attacking things basically with melee weapons (well, a very specific melee weapon).

My Blackguard is a strength primary melee class who gets a damage bonus while flanking. Not the worst character to give a MBA.

I like Eladrin Tactlords, playing one in L4W. Started at 1st level and he is now 9th.

Cor Azer

First Post
So, what skill would best represent a basic knowledge of runes (academic, rather than actual using/working with them)? Runepriest base skill is religion, so that might work, but arcana could work as well? Any set info from the setting, or failing that, any opinion?

Pretty much all runes that needed deciphering past the most basic would likely be skill challenges, so any and all of arcana, religion, and history are most useful.

They're not a language persay, so the comprehend languages ritual doesn't help, but there will be a homebrew ritual available in several possible ways over the first few adventures (just in case the group misses secrets here or there).

Hmm, Cor, you mentioned that the last armored caravan was decades ago. Is that decades as in 20 years or decades as in 70 years ago? Also, do any small ones still run?

EDIT: Also, any more racial info you can give? Particularly for Deva or Gith? I've got something brewing, but I wanna get as much info out of you as I can first, heh.

No incoming caravans for nearly 70-80 years. Last outgoing one was 60 years ago, but found the wasteland beyond, and came back.

Nobody has heard of any successful ones since.

When I last used this setting, only PH1 existed, so I've never incorporated the newer races specifically. Players are more than welcome to build up fluff for such if they want.

twilsemail

First Post
Would you be accepting of a Tiefling that was a bit more old school in it's "half-demon"-ness? I was thinking of him being sired by a succubus/incubus combo. The old myth that a succubus sleeps with a man and takes his seed and then sleeps with a woman as an incubus and impregnates her with the corrupted seed.

Skaldi was born to a noble family and most of his life was hunky-dory. The fact that his wounds healed in black scars wierded everyone out. Eventually someone noticed the horns growing from his head and things took a turn for the worst. He's been wandering ever since.

Tiefling Noble Warlord MCed into Bard

If the power set doesn't work out, I'll go full-blown bard.

I plan on Skaldi wielding a shield and whip. I'm just planning on reflavoring the spear to act as such.

I may switch Hafted Defense in for Bardic Ritualist.

Skaldi the Tallest, level 1
Tiefling, Warlord (Tactical Presence)
Background: Tiefling - Infernal Nightmares (Bluff Training)

Theme: Noble

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 14.

AC: 17 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 24 Bloodied: 12 Surge Value: 6 Surges: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana, Athletics, Bluff, Diplomacy, History, Intimidate

FEATS
Bardic Ritualist

POWERS
At-will 1: Commander’s Strike
At-will 1: Direct the Strike
Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Noble Encounter: Noble Presence
Warlord encounter 1: Powerful Warning
Warlord daily 1: Orchestrated Offensive

RITUALS
Fastidiousness
Glib Limerick

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Chain Armor, Glaive, Lute

[sblock=Skaldi the Tallest]Skaldi the Tallest—Male Tiefling Noble Warlord 1
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 17, Fort: 12, Reflex: 14, Will: 15 — Speed: 6
HP: 24/24, Bloodied: 12, Surge: 6, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers:
Commander’s Strike
Direct the Strike
Powerful Warning
Orchestrated Offensive
Inspiring Word
Inspiring Word (2)
Infernal Wrath
Noble Presence
Conditions: Fastidious
Note: Allies within 10 squares gain +2 to initiative
[/sblock]

Cor Azer

First Post
Japanese and Norse mythologies are practically teeming with wierd parentages and shapeshifting tales, so I have no problem with that background at all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads