Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

kinem

Adventurer
Fire or foe? I guess we'll see that guy again soon enough. Also, let's see what these others can do.

With his fingers itching to cast magic missiles at the fleeing man, Sarten says "I'll fight the fire. Go after the man if you can!"

He casts blindsight.

edit / OOC: I'm not sure if the woman is in an upper window. If so, using his slippers of spider climbing, the kobold walks up the wall and peers into the window where the woman and fire and smoke are. Otherwise he'll probably just go in through the doorway if the fire seems to be in that area. Basically trying to put out the fire and save anyone who's in the house. I assume that others could more easily help the guy in the doorway.

If he can see the fire from there, he casts pyrotechnics (fireworks version, or smoke cloud if the others outside would be caught in the flash) on it, snuffing out part of the blaze by converting it into a blinding flash of glowing, colored lights or a cloud of smoke.

If the smoke permits he will then enter and try to hunt down the rest of the fire in the same manner, using his blindsight to navigate. However, if he sees people along the way who look like they're dying 'from damage', and if the fire looks like it can wait a round, he'll pause to try his belt of healing.

ooc: He can cast pyrotechnics a maximum of 10 more times (11 times total), each time extinguishing up to a 20' cube of fire.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Fire or foe? I guess we'll see that guy again soon enough. Also, let's see what these others can do.

With his fingers itching to cast magic missiles at the fleeing man, Sarten says "I'll fight the fire. Go after the man if you can!"

He casts blindsight.
Sarten quickly scales the manor's wall to the shattered window where the woman is half hanging out, precariously. She's been cut in several places by shards of glass still in the window's frame and is unconscious. The wounds aren't deep, but she will need help, soon. Sarten can see that the room inside is a small bedroom. The fire inside is near it's inner door, which stands ajar.

There is a man lying in the doorway with a dagger in his back. The doorframe is on fire and so is his back. Sarten casts pyrotechnics to extinguish the flames that he can see into smoke, and he helps the woman as best he can so as keep her from getting cut more or impaling himself on a large shard jutting out from the side of the window. The fire beyond the doorway begins to creep up the frame from the floor once again.

OOC: Roll a reflex check (DC 10) to keep the woman and Sarten from getting cut up by the window. (You cannot take 10.)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Perhaps we should go after him? It would appear he has something to do with this, could even be the guy we're looking for!"
Sarten shouts out that he'll fight the fire while other chase the man. Then Vak'tiel watches as the kobold climbs the wall with ease to the unconscious woman above.

Linus runs back into the courtyard and heads for the doorway into the manor.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Cal, follow me!" Vak'tiel yells before running off after the fleeing person.
Heading back onto Guild Street, Vak'tiel runs around the edge of the manor's wall. Looking up to where the man jumped to, he does not see the runner, at first. There isn't a quick way up to the top of the building. The man appears on the other side of the building away from the manor, running along its eaves. The man jumps again to another nearby roof. The building is along the canal and Vak'tiel can see that there four or five buildings that that stretch north along the canal as well.

The man looks down at Vak'tiel for a second, spotting the tiefling out of the corner of his eye. He takes off like a rabbit. Then, Vak'tiel sees it. He notices a ladder leading up to the top of the building the man just jumped from.

OOC: Ladder > Climb check, DC 0. (Cannot take 10.)

Trogdor1992

First Post
Heading back onto Guild Street, Vak'tiel runs around the edge of the manor's wall. Looking up to where the man jumped to, he does not see the runner, at first. There isn't a quick way up to the top of the building. The man appears on the other side of the building away from the manor, running along its eaves. The man jumps again to another nearby roof. The building is along the canal and Vak'tiel can see that there four or five buildings that that stretch north along the canal as well.

The man looks down at Vak'tiel for a second, spotting the tiefling out of the corner of his eye. He takes off like a rabbit. Then, Vak'tiel sees it. He notices a ladder leading up to the top of the building the man just jumped from.

OOC: Ladder > Climb check, DC 0. (Cannot take 10.)
OOC: if you want to make that check for me that would be cool, I can't access my sheet atm

kinem

Adventurer
Sarten quickly scales the manor's wall to the shattered window where the woman is half hanging out, precariously. She's been cut in several places by shards of glass still in the window's frame and is unconscious. The wounds aren't deep, but she will need help, soon. Sarten can see that the room inside is a small bedroom. The fire inside is near it's inner door, which stands ajar.

There is a man lying in the doorway with a dagger in his back. The doorframe is on fire and so is his back. Sarten casts pyrotechnics to extinguish the flames that he can see into smoke, and he helps the woman as best he can so as keep her from getting cut more or impaling himself on a large shard jutting out from the side of the window. The fire beyond the doorway begins to creep up the frame from the floor once again.

OOC: Roll a reflex check (DC 10) to keep the woman and Sarten from getting cut up by the window. (You cannot take 10.)

ooc: Reflex save [roll0]

Sarten manages to get the woman and himself away from the glass for the moment. He'll try to heal her using one charge from his belt of healing.

Our mission? He rushes over to the man pulls out the dagger and checks to see if the man is still alive; if so he uses another charge from his belt on the man.

If they awaken, he looks around for something the civilians can use to climb down to safety, such as sheets from the bed being twisted and knotted into a makeshift rope and tied to something near the window.

He also looks at his slippers of spider climbing, wondering if they could be used by the big humans.

ooc: How far is it from the window to the ground?

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: Seeing as those rolls sucked, he'll use the third charge if needed. If both man and woman remain unconscious but alive, he'll use it on the man. [roll0]

Remove ads